Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Advice please

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:05 pm
I have a 2.5-year-old and a 1-year-old. Right now I use a bulky double stroller, but it's very annoying for me. I'm mostly in and out of the car with the kids and I struggle with the big stroller every time. The only thing is, DH walks both kids to the babysitter in the morning, and he feels that he needs a double. The 2.5 year old walks well and the babysitter is 2 (short) blocks away, but DH is in a rush in the morning and doesn't want to be slowed down.

What should I do? Is there any cheap double stroller that is small and lightweight? DH could still use the heavy one on the craziest weather days, and use that one the rest of the time. Or should I get a single stroller with one of those board thingies (not sure what it's called) and let my son stand? I think he's a bit young for that...

Ideas?

tothepoint

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:19 pm
Maclaren twin stroller and the Mountain buggy nano duo are both very compact.

Is your single carriage compatible with a buggyboard? I love mine, and for a 2 block walk it's your best option

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 1:30 pm
Can you use the double stroller just for walking and a more lightweight stroller for in and out of the car? Is your 2.5 year old willing to walk?

flapsmom

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 1:31 pm
For two blocks a buggy board should be fine. Another great lightweight double you can check out is Zoe. But if DH is taking them every day and he doesn't mind the bulk then what's the problem?

tweety1

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 1:48 pm
tothepoint wrote:
Maclaren twin stroller and the Mountain buggy nano duo are both very compact.

Is your single carriage compatible with a buggyboard? I love mine, and for a 2 block walk it's your best option

Maclaren is a very heavy carriage. I have a single and davening it should break cuz it's so heavy

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 1:50 pm
flapsmom wrote:
For two blocks a buggy board should be fine. Another great lightweight double you can check out is Zoe. But if DH is taking them every day and he doesn't mind the bulk then what's the problem?

Another vote for the Zoe.

zytt

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 2:03 pm
There's a sitting buggy board

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 2:08 pm
flapsmom wrote:

I take them home in the car every day, and then I need to load the crazy heavy stroller into my trunk. (It's still easier for me than parking at home and then walking to get them, for various reasons).

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 2:36 pm
Which single do you have? You might be able to get a buggyboard to fit.
I have the mountain buggy duet and I find it really heavy and awkward to get in and out of the car. If I'm using the car I usually prefer my britax with buggyboard-I have the lascal maxi which has a seat for dd to sit on.
City mini have just put out a new smaller double-the city tour double which looks good-otherwise the regular city mini is not bad-it folds really easily and nicely and isn't as heavy.
You might like the joovy caboose which has like a seat added to the back. Also strollers like the Phil and Teds are good because they have the second seat right under and it works something like a single.
BTW buggyboards are only good if your child will stay on them. I also found scooters work really well with dd-she zooms ahead and just keeps going.

https://www.amazon.com/Lascal-.....;th=1

Bugaboo also make their own board with seat which is really good.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 2:46 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Which single do you have? You might be able to get a buggyboard to fit.
I have the mountain buggy duet and I find it really heavy and awkward to get in and out of the car. If I'm using the car I usually prefer my britax with buggyboard-I have the lascal maxi which has a seat for dd to sit on.
City mini have just put out a new smaller double-the city tour double which looks good-otherwise the regular city mini is not bad-it folds really easily and nicely and isn't as heavy.
You might like the joovy caboose which has like a seat added to the back. Also strollers like the Phil and Teds are good because they have the second seat right under and it works something like a single.
BTW buggyboards are only good if your child will stay on them. I also found scooters work really well with dd-she zooms ahead and just keeps going.

https://www.amazon.com/Lascal-.....;th=1

Bugaboo also make their own board with seat which is really good.

I used the Britax as a single, just without a second seat. It's still pretty heavy as a single.

I also have this cheap single. https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics