Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Changing hair covering for a job interview

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 2:39 pm
Would you do it? I dont cover my hair all of the way, but I have an interview at a place that is yeshivish and I really want the job. I have no idea if there is an actual dress code or not, but would you change how your cover so that that would not be the deciding factor in if you were or were not hired?

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 2:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Would you do it? I dont cover my hair all of the way, but I have an interview at a place that is yeshivish and I really want the job. I have no idea if there is an actual dress code or not, but would you change how your cover so that that would not be the deciding factor in if you were or were not hired?

I would dress the part. If you think you will be looked upon with more favor, or that the interviewer would connect with you more if you wore a full sheital - do it - but be prepared to keep it up.

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 3:03 pm
A so-posi-lutely. With the understanding that I might be stuck with that costume for the remainder of my career should Iget the job.

BetsyTacy

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 3:07 pm
Dress the part for the interview. After you are hired, you can find out what the actual rules are and stick with them. That *might* mean full covering, which you would then have to abide by.

lucky14

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 3:09 pm
Yes. And like others are saying I would continue to cover my hair at work as expected of me if I got the job.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 3:12 pm
Only if you are ok with covering like that for work too (if that is what they expect. Some places have all kinds of people working there, you might want to see what your colleagues are wearing).

Think carefully though. Would they expect you to cover fully in your private life too (is it a school or something?)

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:56 am
I partially cover my hair but sometimes I stick all my hair into a scarf or hat if I feel like I will be judged negatively for showing hair.
I've never done it for a job interview but I wouldn't do it if I had to maintain that look for the job. Unless you don't mind that.
Any time I have done it was for a one-off occasion.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics