Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Do fathers come to girls school interviews (primary)?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 7:44 am
They said he doesn’t have to. Do you know?

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 7:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They said he doesn’t have to. Do you know?

My husband did by my daughters moreshes interview

mommyfish

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 7:49 am
My DH came. I think it shows the school that he is invested and involved even if they said he doesn’t have to.

lucite

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 7:51 am
My daughters school ( very chassidish) wanted to meet with both of us, he went to speak to the vaad in a shul n I went to the principle with my daughter,

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 8:39 am
My DH came to all 3 interviews of schools we applied to. I'm pretty sure they all said they want to meet both parents.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Nov 03 2019, 9:05 am
It’s better if they can make it, but it’s not required.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 4:01 pm
Back in the day, we both had to go down to Bais Faiga for an interview.

mha3484

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 4:12 pm
Is it your first kid? When my oldest started school DH and I went to meet the menahel and to see the school, ask questions make sure it was a good fit for us and vice versa. We took DS a different day to meet the early childhood director and take a tour. With subsequent children, its more of an interview to show the child the school, and the early childhood director tries to get a feel for where they are at socially and academically. For those kids only one parent really needs to go.

I assume that most schools work the same way or similar. I would love to know if I am wrong!

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 4:19 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Is it your first kid? When my oldest started school DH and I went to meet the menahel and to see the school, ask questions make sure it was a good fit for us and vice versa. We took DS a different day to meet the early childhood director and take a tour. With subsequent children, its more of an interview to show the child the school, and the early childhood director tries to get a feel for where they are at socially and academically. For those kids only one parent really needs to go.

I assume that most schools work the same way or similar. I would love to know if I am wrong!

In Lakewood, there are so many applicants applying for every slot in a school, that the making sure it's a good fit is not done in person but rather behind the scenes - you talk to people and get a feel where you would like to send...then you try to find a few other choices that are similar to your first choice...and then you apply to all of them and hope and pray that you get into at least one of those choices.

There are so many applicants to these schools that they do not have time to meet with parents and kids for a tour. They do have orientation at the beginning of the school year so that Mom can take her kid to school for the first time, meet the teacher, and show her her classroom.

mha3484

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 4:47 pm
You learn new things every day!

wearingmycrown

Post Fri, Nov 15 2019, 12:36 am
Most interviews fathers attend.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries