Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do you ever crack yourself up? :D
Previous  1  2

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:36 pm
zaq wrote:
All the time. It’s so hard not to laugh at my own jokes in conversation or when giving a speech. I don’t know why it’s considered poor etiquette to laugh at one’s own joke if others are laughing, too. Seems rather absurd. (If no one else is laughing, you need to think about why that might be. Either your joke is lame or over their head or you just committed a major social blunder.)

Sometimes I crack up from the memory of a joke I heard in the past, or an amusing episode in my life. I’ve bitten my lip clear through trying not to laugh in mass transit. .
happens to me all the time in the weirdest places

Metukah

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 3:42 pm
I sometimes think I'm the funniest person out there. I also sometimes think that there's no one funny enough to appreciate my humour.

MiriFr

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 5:18 pm
Hello all the time! That's my specialty.
I have a small whiteboard hanging above my deep freezer that says "What The Heck is in my Freezer?" and then whatever the heck is in my freezer is listed underneath. Every time I go down to the basement to get something from the freezer, I die laughing.
It's been up for the longest time!
(Just thinking about this example cuz I just stuffed a million challahs in there today).

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 6:48 pm
I can SO relate!!!! I always have a hard time telling funny stories because I laugh too hard while I'm telling them. I didn't realize there were so many people like me! People always comment on how quirky I am in that respect.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 2:27 am
I'd never say that, but I know I am (educated, older ppl have appreciated my humour)

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 5:20 am
I do. And it's often dark humor.
Driving my kids to school this morning I was laughing so hard I could barely talk. And the joke grew and grew as we thought of more absurd applications of the joke. And the kids at first looked sidewise at me then began laughing too. It was jolly good fun.

singleagain

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 6:30 am
Yes all the time. A lot of times it's bc I'm writing and my characters say anything that cracks me up. I was on a writing fourum, I don't remember what it was, but one time I was writing a character and he made me stop and post his funny line on a game thread.

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:30 am
Often. But sometimes Noone else gets the joke. Lol!
Growing up, my father would cry of laughter when he'd relay a really funny thing. It took forever to get it out, meanwhile we'd all be weeping just from watching him struggle with his words.... just thinking about it made me lol. It was always really good and we'll worth the wait.....
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette