Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Ethiad airline with stopover in amman and dubai

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 4:07 am
My husband has to go on a business trip from israel to china. He just booked tickets through ethiad airline with a stopover in amman, jordan and dubai. He looks yeshivish with a hat and jacket and usually holds his tefilin. I'm really nervous about him flying with that airline and through those places. does he have to disguise his jewishness? Is it safe for him to fly through those places?

missmuffetsmum

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 4:49 am
I've flown Etihad Airways a few times Europe to Australia and never had an issue stopping in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. My DH sometimes wore a white shirt, sometimes a t-shirt, sometimes his kuppel, sometimes a cap. Noone ever looked twice at us! We've rarely seen one of the real all 'dressed-up' Arabs on our flights, though you do see a few in the airport. No complaints about the airline in general.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 5:26 am
Through Jordan and Dubai? In an airport? It is totally fine. In Jordan you are probably more likely to see people who may have an issue with you than in Dubai, but you are in an airport in a progressive Middle Eastern country. DH and I take separate trips to Dubai - we've taken our children. You see noticeably looking Jews there for business. Chassidim, yeshicish people, MO, etc. If you're entering Dubai there are rules you need to follow in order to avoid potential arrest like not bouncing a check or taking pictures of car accidents, but there are Chassidim there quite often, especially during sefira as they want to fly to the US through China.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Nov 16 2020, 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 6:07 am
thank you
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics