Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
What's the latest time to call a teacher

funmother

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:04 am
Elementary teacher.
Is it ok to call teachers during the daytime could I call teacher in the morning before school starts?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:14 am
Assume they have children and are rushing everybody out the door. Unless it's urgent for before the zchool day today, call tonight, latest 9:30pm.

Last edited by ra_mom on Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:22 am
Call the school and leave a message for them to call back. Not appropriate to call at home unless they specifically gave out their number and encouraged this.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:28 am
If they gave out their home number, and they are an afternoon teacher, then it could be ok to call them after morning rush time, especially if you need to speak with them before your kid shows up in their class that day. Otherwise, leave a message at school. And if they gave out their cell, send a text, and she'll answer you when she can.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:37 am
I wouldn't call someone at home after 9/930 and not before 830 am in the mornings.

ttbtbm

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:38 am
Do not call a teacher in the morning before school starts. Totally not appropriate. If the teacher gave out his or her cell number without calling guidelines then calling between 9:30 am to 9:30 pm is fine. If it is something super urgent that will greatly affect your child and you must speak with the teacher before he/she sees your child in school today, leave an urgent message with the principal.

funmother

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:41 am
The teachers send home welcome notes with their phone numbers in the beginning of school year and messages like feel free to call. Last night I noticed that I missed a call from my DC's teacher at 9:50. I figured it was to late to call her back. She starts today 9:00 I was wondering if it's ok to call the teacher back in the morning before school

ttbtbm

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:55 am
funmother wrote:
The teachers send home welcome notes with their phone numbers in the beginning of school year and messages like feel free to call. Last night I noticed that I missed a call from my DC's teacher at 9:50. I figured it was to late to call her back. She starts today 9:00 I was wondering if it's ok to call the teacher back in the morning before school

Unless the teacher left a message asking you to call her back before school, please do NOT call her back in the morning.
Most likely the teacher is just making her monthly/bi monthly “keeping you up to date” call. She’ll tell you how much she’s enjoying your child and let you know if there are any academic/social/behavioral things she is working on with your child.
If she was calling about something specific that she needed to reach you about she would have left a message.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:23 am
I have a parent who consistently calls me between 7:30 and 8 am. I have a bunch of kids and it's not at all appropriate for me to be taking non emergency work calls at that hour. Best thing if you're not sure is to send a text asking the best time to call. It's much easier to schedule it than to play phone tag all day.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:07 am
I once had a mom call me when I was rushing out the door, to get to school as a teacher, on Fri, with urgent call: Could she send lollies instead of candies with her dgtr to shabbos party? Duh?!

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:14 am
As a teacher, you can feel free to call and leave a message anytime, and IYH I'll return your call. But the best chances of you reaching me (and of me not thinking you're a wacko) would be after 9:30 am and before 9:45-10 pm. If you will call me outside of those times, I may get a tiny bit annoyed at you.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:14 am
As a teacher, you can feel free to call and leave a message anytime, and IYH I'll return your call. But the best chances of you reaching me (and of me not thinking you're a wacko) would be after 9:30 am and before 9:45-10 pm. If you will call me outside of those times, I may get a tiny bit annoyed at you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics