Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Pillows

ttbtbm

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 6:13 pm
I know pillow preference is personal but before I spend more money I’d love to hear about pillow types and brands that people are happy with. After trying target and Costco (which went from nice to flat in a few weeks) I splurged on Linen Spa pillows but despite coming highly recommended and great reviews they are so uncomfortable - so lumpy.
I’m looking for something plump without being too airy. Does anyone have a pillow type/brand they love?

tweety1

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 6:40 pm
Ben barber sells a pillow if I remember correctly they call it the "b" pillow or something similar. It's not a mushy-fall into type. It's plump and yummy.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 7:25 pm
I love my $7 black Friday pillows from Ralph Lauren. They're not very fluffy (I hate when they're very fluffy because I sleep on my stomach) but they're not lumpy at all.

ttbtbm

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 8:03 pm
Thank you! Tweety1 do you know if I can I order the ben barber pillows online? And $7 sounds amazing! How long did you have the Ralph Lauren pillows and are they still as good as when you first got them?

essie14

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:51 am
I sleep with 2 Ralph Lauren pillows that I got at Macy's over 10 years ago. I love them.

thanks

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:57 am
I have 2 memory foam pillows. I find them very comfortable.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:16 am
ttbtbm wrote:
I know pillow preference is personal but before I spend more money I’d love to hear about pillow types and brands that people are happy with. After trying target and Costco (which went from nice to flat in a few weeks) I splurged on Linen Spa pillows but despite coming highly recommended and great reviews they are so uncomfortable - so lumpy.
I’m looking for something plump without being too airy. Does anyone have a pillow type/brand they love?

Costco has many kinds; I recently got a 2 pack of memory gel pillows that are unbelievable IMHO and not flat at all (and if you have a problem, you can definitely return them). I returned the 2 other sets I tried out (one seemed too fluffy to retain its shape; there was another allergenic type that I didn't think I really needed after trying out the memory gel ones)

lfab

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:33 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Costco has many kinds; I recently got a 2 pack of memory gel pillows that are unbelievable IMHO and not flat at all (and if you have a problem, you can definitely return them). I returned the 2 other sets I tried out (one seemed too fluffy to retain its shape; there was another allergenic type that I didn't think I really needed after trying out the memory gel ones)

Can you please post a link to the ones you got (if they have them online)? I'm in desperate search of good pillows and getting frustrated after ordering several different ones and noone of them being good.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:46 am
I am not seeing them online; Bli Neder when I have a chance, I will see if I can look at my pillow's tag to find the brand.

lfab

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:53 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I am not seeing them online; Bli Neder when I have a chance, I will see if I can look at my pillow's tag to find the brand.

Thank you! Thinking of going to costco on sunday anyway so if I know the brand I'll look for them in store. Otherwise I'm desperate enough that I might make a special trip regardless just to get the pillows!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:21 am
So no manufacturer brand tag, just the information about care and warnings and stuff Sad Receipt is not being helpful either, and I just threw out the package 2 weeks ago when using the second pillow in the pack for our guest room!

But I will tell you this, it was probably around $20 for the 2 pack, or maybe less. (I can't tell which of the pillows on the receipt was for the ones I kept). The pillows feel very, very heavy compared to other 2 packs because it's not all air. The outside cover is white, and has a zipper (removable and washable). The inside pillow itself is blue, but you wouldn't see that from looking at the pillows in the package.

It says on the warning label manufactured for Sinomax, but I'm not sure if that's the pillow or the cover and if it's the brand name that would be on the package of the pillows itself.

The pillows are labeled as memory gel foam or something to that effect, but they look like regular pillows, no hydrogel or foam looking things or weird shapes. Their heaviness is the telltale sign that they are not filled with feathers.

Good luck! I was having a lot of neck pain from my lumpy old pillows, and B"H switching to this (I still have one other bamboo pillow I use with it, but now 2 instead of 3 old ones) has helped tremendously.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:38 am
ttbtbm wrote:

Btw I bought breathable waterproof pillow protectors (I hate drool marks so this protects the pillows) that seem to keep the pillows more fluffy. Really enjoying them. Dh doesn't like them as they make his pillow pop up too much.

We have Ralph Lauren firm pillows that we purchased at TJ Maxx. We usually go there for pillows. There's always something good to choose from
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics