Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Thank you cards

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:39 am
Would you send a thank you card to your in laws (for $ they gave as a baby gift)? Or is it offensive - like presuming they need to be sent a thank you and aren’t as close as my parents? Or am I thinking too much into this I dont want to see

Anonymous because of personal info

BetsyTacy

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:43 am
There is no law that you can't send a thank you to your parents also!
I have never been offended by receiving a thank you card.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:47 am
Of course. It would be a meaningful one that also expresses general love and appreciation for everything they do. I have done it as if it's from the baby "dear Saba and savta... thank you... can't wait to get to know you and love you etc"

flowerpower

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:50 am
Yes. I write something personal in it.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:54 am
Send it. And send one to your parents as well. They'll both appreciate it

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:18 am
Just wrote it. Thank you, everyone!

zaq

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:22 am
You’ll never offend by being more polite than you think you “have to” be. Send it. Too many imas think they’re exempt because a. They got sooo many gifts they can’t be expected to acknowledge them all; b. They’re busy with a baby/job/ new house/liposuction appointments and haven’t the time; c. It’s “only” parents and in-laws and who needs to be so formal with them; d. Only ladies in hoop skirts and parasols ever wrote them and this is the 21st Century, don’t be ridiculous.

WRONG on all counts. Courtesy, appreciation and hakarat hatov are always in style.

keym

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:53 am
For immediate family (grandparents, aunt's, uncle's) I took a picture of Baby wearing outfit, playing or laying next to toy or in furniture.
I developed the picture (something unusual nowadays) and wrote
Dear Bubby and Zaidy,
Thank you for the thing you got me. Here I am wearing/ using/ whatever. I can't wait to see you (again) to thank you in person.
Love Baby and Mommy and Totty.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette