Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
For those of you who work long hours, what field are you in?
1  2  3  Next

giselle

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:48 am
I’m reading the thread about people’s work hours and wondering what kind of jobs people have that require 10+ hours out of the home or leaving your house at 6 am. Are you all high powered attorneys or overworked secretaries? Do you have long commutes? Please share!

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:26 am
I was an attorney at a large law firm for 6 years. Biglaw is one of those super-grueling jobs.

Now I work for a large corporation as in-house counsel. My hours now are better most of the time, but not always. During certain key periods, I return to firm-type hours for 1-2 weeks. Still, overall the transition has been a huge improvement.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:34 am
I worked as a computer programmer for several diff large companies and worked long hours.
Once I had children I found a work at home position for a smaller company and cut back to 3/4 time.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:01 am
40-60 hours a week, with various shifts. No long commute. The medical field

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:03 am
Interior Designer
Work for a Design - Build firm.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:10 am
Pharmacist, out the house for 11 hours a day when I work, but only 3 days a week

nicole81

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:09 am
I'm a public school administrator. My contractual hours are technically about 8 hours per day, but the contract also includes a clause that we will work the hours necessary for the school to function. Most nyc public schools are under resourced, and the kids are very high needs. Plus, there are hundreds of compliance actions that have to be taken care of so we hopefully stay off the state and city's radar. If I want to keep my job, keep my school open, maintain our graduation rates, and help give the kids the best shot they have in life to succeed, it takes hours beyond the contract.

On the upside, I start much earlier than most jobs and therefore get home the same time as my elementary school kids and earlier than my high schoolers.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 11:49 am
Executive assistant to more than one executive.

heidi

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 12:03 pm
Please keep this thread going. I was also blown away by the number of hours some of you work and wondering at what types of jobs

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 12:24 pm
For those of you in healthcare or attorney type jobs- are you able to be “home, home” once your daytime hrs are done or do you still put additional hrs in at home?

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 12:28 pm
RN. Once I'm home I'm home, and I only work 2-3 days a week.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 12:53 pm
Manager of social work department in a hospital.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 1:47 pm
Marketing writer in a high tech company. I'm out of the house 7-7, except twice a week I grt home at 4. I typically don't do extra from home, with some exceptions.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 2:44 pm
Data/Tech I work a 45 hour week.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 2:56 pm
Residential and kitchen design (and cabinet sales) — I work mostly from my home but meet with clients in their homes: mostly here in Baltimore with an occasional client in Silver Spring. I'm a sole proprietor with a little help from one of my sons and my CPA husband. I average 50 - 55-hour weeks.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 6:36 pm
I work in public health. I'm blessed to be in my position and many people have unknowingly benefited from the work that I do. Considering many threads here, you can throw the tomatoes now.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 6:38 pm
Left at 8:15, got home at 6:15. Traffic is horrible where I live.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 6:48 pm
The playgroup field Smile

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:27 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
For those of you in healthcare or attorney type jobs- are you able to be “home, home” once your daytime hrs are done or do you still put additional hrs in at home?

Interesting question for me. I'm a mostly work from home attorney. On the plus side, I have flexibility. I can go to siddur plays, doctors, etc. Yet on the down side, I never leave work and I'm usually up late. But I'm not the high powered type that this thread is about.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:31 pm
Accounting/finance for a real estate firm - I’m out of the house 7:30 til around 6:45. The schedule is hard but the compensation is BH good.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics