Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
What do you expect from a home organizer?
Previous  1  2  3

BayMom

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 5:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
yes!! this is what I think. I'm super organized. I love to organized and feel so energized after and I want to share that with people. I don't have a method, it just comes naturally but I'm sure every person likes and wants their house organized differently. I hardly have any bins. I don't enjoy pushing underwear and stuff into containers. I don't enjoy having to wash them out every couple of months. I don't want to spend money on that. OTOH, I feel like that's what people want. they like the look (which I agree is nice) and they like the thought that it would help them stay organized, as if it does the work for itself.
I feel like if you're not taking the time to put each item in the right bin every single time then what's the use of bins and the cost and maintenance they require? but that's just me...
I want to know if others think this way too or people do want all those bins and don't mind the cons.

This is what it was like for me till I read about the label maker in Ami. It's a game changer. Every bin and drawer gets labeled and everyone in the family can read it and know exactly where everything is supposed to go.

zaq

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:07 pm
Label makers are a cute gadget but Avery-type labels printed off your computer work just as well. Lower tech and slightly sloppier but equally effective and much cheaper are hand-lettered pieces of masking tape or gummed labels if such things still exist. The principle is the same either way.

goforit

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
were you happy with that?

Yes
If I want I can get a new basket when I want but for now its neat and so smart to keep all scotch tapes together not together with all supplies like I had before.

goforit

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:13 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Thanks. Was she reasonable?
I have pretty good organizing ideas myself- just no time and in a tiny apt...

Very reasonable, she is more of a low key kind of person. Not someone I was embarrassed to show my mess too lol!

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 7:46 pm
goforit wrote:
Very reasonable, she is more of a low key kind of person. Not someone I was embarrassed to show my mess too lol!

Thanks!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:16 pm
zaq wrote:
Label makers are a cute gadget but Avery-type labels printed off your computer work just as well. Lower tech and slightly sloppier but equally effective and much cheaper are hand-lettered pieces of masking tape or gummed labels if such things still exist. The principle is the same either way.

My label maker was not expensive. I let my kids use it to mark bins and the like, when if I were only using Avery labels, the onus would be on me (I try not to let my kids be on the computer too much). We also were able to get iron on tape to work in the label maker and we saved a fortune on labels for clothing for camp by utilizing this method...

Anyway, if it gets the kids involved, it's more likely to be sustained. That's my theory Smile
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics