Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you have anyone you trust absolutely?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:28 pm
I have DH and my Rabbi. And that's it. I have no one else that I can trust completely not to repeat something to others or bring it up later.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:30 pm
Actually there is a family member that I would trust more than my dh.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:31 pm
Yes. I have a close friend that I would trust my life. She hates gossip and it doesn’t interest her so I know that anything I tell her stays between me, her and God .!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:32 pm
I have several people I trust absolutely, but I do think they would repeat information if they felt it was to my benefit. I think DH, most of my sisters, a few of my SILs, and a close friend or two.

But B"H I don't have many super tip-top secrets that I need to keep, so I haven't really needed to test this.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:51 pm
HKBH

That's it ..

Al tivtuchu bndivim

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:00 pm
I have a close friend who I trust more than dh

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:11 pm
Nope! No one

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:15 pm
My dad

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:17 pm
DH was the one person I fully trusted. But now I don’t trust him either 100% after we began having SB problems and he literally became a different person overnight.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:18 pm
trusting someone not to repeat information is very different than trusting someone to always have your back no matter what. do you have someone in your life that you know will always be there for you? would walk through fire for you? would do anything in the world for you?

very different than simply trusting that someone wont spread information. lots of people can be discreet and not talk.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:25 pm
Not a soul, unfortunately. I carry a lot around in my heart and mind and it really affects me.

gold21

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:27 pm
Yes definitely- not to repeat to others or bring it up later? Yes, my close friends. If I didn't trust them, I wouldn't be friends w them.

Edit- and of course my husband and some family members as well.

There are people in this world who know how to keep private information private. Unfortunately not everyone. Just gotta find the right people.

Last edited by gold21 on Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:29 pm
My kids. Do they count?

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:49 pm
My therapist.

I probably have trust issues because no, I don't completely and absolutely trust my parents, DH, friends. If someone gives me their word on something, in the back of my mind I know they will probably, even if unintentionally, not keep it.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 12:00 am
Therapist.

Librarian

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 12:03 am
Nope.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 12:23 am
B"H yes -- my daughters.

honeymoon

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 12:33 am
G-d and my husband.

And no one else. I was hurt too many times to let myself easily trust again. I still didn't give up though, that one day I will find the one friend whom I can trust with anything. But for now, I carry a lot in my heart.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 12:41 am
My DH, almost totally. I'm married less than 2 yrs and the trust keeps getting stronger bH! By our first anniversary, I crossed a busy 2-way street with my eyes shut, relying solely on his guidance (for a surprise location for dinner). That was definitely a huge leap of faith!!!

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 12:54 am
B"H I trust my close friends and my family (not my dh's family) and my Rav. I learned the hard way to be careful who I talk to because there were a few people in my life who used to make up lies about me.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics