Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Silver polka dot dress from Kidichic

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:26 pm
I bought the silver/grey dress with silver polka dots made of yarn for my daughter this season. Even before washing, the strings began to unravel and the dress looks terrible. Is it just the piece I got or did others have the same experience with this dress? I then washed it in a mesh bag inside out and it looks even worse.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:28 pm
By the way, I think kidichic is wonderful in that they sell affordable frum style clothing. This wasn’t a bash at all.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 9:30 pm
I had something unravel once and they took it back and refunded me. Definitely speak to them.

goforit

Post Tue, Nov 05 2019, 10:01 pm
I saw this dress on the website and loved it. Ran to the store and saw some of them were unraveling so I got nervous. This looked like a very delicate dress. What does the washing instructions say?

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 1:36 am
I have it in a romper. So far it looks good. Only used and (hand) washed once though.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 6:44 am
Yes. My 2 girls have the 2 piece. One top is unraveling. But I'm not bothering to take it back cuz I'm sick of the local stores service. Most most local stores service sucks so instead of trying and then getting all worked up I dont even bother. I only bought it cuz I was desperate and had no time for shopping all around town so I basically went to one or 2 stores and bought what they had hoping for the best.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 6:48 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Yes. My 2 girls have the 2 piece. One top is unraveling. But I'm not bothering to take it back cuz I'm sick of the local stores service. Most most local stores service sucks so instead of trying and then getting all worked up I dont even bother. I only bought it cuz I was desperate and had no time for shopping all around town so I basically went to one or 2 stores and bought what they had hoping for the best.

I don't know where you live, but in Israel they will definitely take it back and give you credit to buy something else.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:01 am
They are very helpful when you go to them with complaints. They take back clothings all the time

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:38 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:

This borders on lashing hara. Please don’t bismirch a stores service especially if you didn’t even try.

LittleMissMama

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:35 am
The type of fabric mentioned in the original post is delicate. My only complaint with kidichic is that the sizing isn't always consistent and they use a lot of special fabrics and embellishments so you can't just wash and dry in the machine.

That said, I love their stuff, especially when it goes on sale. And they started adding size charts for the dresses so you can see the length, which is great

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:01 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
They are very helpful when you go to them with complaints. They take back clothings all the time

I second this. This is one of the reasons I shop there, other than their prices being more affordable. If you don’t get help from the local salesperson, you can email their customer service.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 11:20 am
OP I dont think they make a polka dot dress. Are you talking about the 2 piece polka dot sweaters? Because I got the boys and baby version for a simcha and they just wore it last night. Should I hand was? I noticed some pulls by the polka dots before they wore it. But not after I bought it store told me this sweater could get pulls be careful

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 11:45 am
Generally delicate materials can be super hard to keep nice.
That said kidichic is probably the only store in Brooklyn right now that will totally work with you.
Obviously don’t yell or curse but work with them they usually try their best to help.

goforit

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:16 am
HonesttoGod wrote:
Generally delicate materials can be super hard to keep nice.
That said kidichic is probably the only store in Brooklyn right now that will totally work with you.
Obviously don’t yell or curse but work with them they usually try their best to help.

That's amazing yo hear as I buy there often. Cheap prices and customer service is a novelty in Brooklyn.

When I pay so cheap and things dont last I sort of expect it.

It's one season clothing and sometimes your lucky 2. But sometimes not even a whole season. Look carefully in the store on the clothing.

honeymoon

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:18 am
Their service is better than any other local store I ever shopped at.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:32 am
Amother puce, they have a tule type of dress with silver dots.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics