Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby sleeping in stroller

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:49 pm
My baby has a cold and the only place he sleeps well is in the stroller. My mother in law says it's not a safe position. Why not? It's not flat. I actually think it's a safe sleeping position. So is it safe or not??

esther36

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 10:53 pm
My baby too! Nothing is going to happen if they sleep in the stroller once in a while... I wouldn't worry

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 11:31 pm
Because it’s not flat, it can restrict their airflow. Their head can slump down and cut off their breathing. Do a quick google search and you’ll learn exactly why. Unfortunately it happens to babies every year, so sad.

Always take them out of their car seat unless you’re driving. It’s not worth the risk. They will learn to sleep flat.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 11:41 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Because it’s not flat, it can restrict their airflow. Their head can slump down and cut off their breathing. Do a quick google search and you’ll learn exactly why. Unfortunately it happens to babies every year, so sad.

Always take them out of their car seat unless you’re driving. It’s not worth the risk. They will learn to sleep flat.

Are you talking about a car seat or a reclined stroller seat?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 11:45 pm
Amother navy, I'm not talking about a car seat. I'm talking about a regular stroller.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 11:47 pm
It’s fine, don’t worry...
How old is your baby?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 11:48 pm
My baby is 12 weeks.

tweety1

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 5:31 am
Only one of my kids officially slept in a crib. All my babies slept either in a stroller, swing, or car seat officially. My Dr said as long as the kid is comfortable I shouldn't worry. My baby just graduated on his own to a crib. Baby is over 2. Nobody judge me here plz. It was discussed with pediatrician at length. My babies hate the crib.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 7:09 am
Another navy is correct. The stroller is similar to the car seat in that it's an inclined surface, which doesn't allow the baby's head to stay in a neutral position. It's not unusual for a baby that young to have his head flop down when he's sleeping on a non flat surface, and chvs it can cut off the airflow. I'm fine with a baby sleeping in a stroller while I'm supervising, but not all night for sure. Plenty of babies sleep in a stroller and live to tell the tale. Unfortunately there are some who don't.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 7:28 am
2 of my kids had terrible reflux as newborns.
One slept in the graco snap n go for the first 4 months.
The other child slept in a baby swing every night for almost a year.
My doctor always told me that the first 3 months it doesn’t matter where they sleep. Car seats, strollers are fine..
Hope your baby slept well in the stroller!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:32 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Another navy is correct. The stroller is similar to the car seat in that it's an inclined surface, which doesn't allow the baby's head to stay in a neutral position. It's not unusual for a baby that young to have his head flop down when he's sleeping on a non flat surface, and chvs it can cut off the airflow. I'm fine with a baby sleeping in a stroller while I'm supervising, but not all night for sure. Plenty of babies sleep in a stroller and live to tell the tale. Unfortunately there are some who don't.

Not all strollers are created equal....some of them, if you read carefully, really say for 3 months and up because the stroller does not recline completely flat. I made sure when buying my strollers that they went all the way flat, and they had a way to close the bottom gap by the feet so a baby can't squirm and start slipping out and CH"V get tangled in their buckle. When I had my 8th, I decided to get a new stroller (I had been using the same one for the 7 previous kids and it was time Smile ) and again I made sure to look for these features, plus it came with a bassinet that also had a buckle, so not only was it flat, but baby was secure; many bassinets don't have this. (Note: this stroller is no longer made, I bought it a few years ago when it was outdated by several years and therefore significantly reduced. It's no longer available.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics