Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Rakuten, ibotta and other cash- back apps
1  2  Next

SuperWify

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 7:57 am
Hey!

Do you use any of these apps?

I used to use Ebates (now Rakuten) and I did make some money when I remembered to use them.

I was just wondering which app is more with my time. I tried ibotta this morning and scanned a target shipping trip I did this morning. I got a $3 cash back on Huggies diapers x2 which made it $6 plus .50 for scanning the receipt. Seemed easy enough. With Rakuten I believe you have to log on through the app to shop....

What are your experiences?

imanonymous

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 8:02 am
I've used Ebates/Rakuten but no others. It's a few dollars back here and there... why not?

Is Ibotta better?

baby12x

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 9:37 am
Ebates is great for online shopping
Ibotta for instore shopping

SuperWify

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:49 am
baby12x wrote:
Ebates is great for online shopping
Ibotta for instore shopping

Ok great thanks for the info. looks like I’ll try both and see. I was just shocked this morning when I scanned my target recipe and got an instant $6.50 to my account because I bought diapers. Made me so excited. I get about $1 back in Ebates at most...

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 11:01 am
I have friends who are into ibotta but frankly I just can't be bothered with the whole scanning receipt thing. Which seems silly because it shouldn't be a big deal and that's a pretty high level of lazy, but so it is. However Rakuten (ebates) is an extension on my browser and happens pretty automatically, and I haven't found it slows anything down, so I use it and have gotten some money out of it.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 11:02 am
seeker wrote:
I have friends who are into ibotta but frankly I just can't be bothered with the whole scanning receipt thing. Which seems silly because it shouldn't be a big deal and that's a pretty high level of lazy, but so it is. However Rakuten (ebates) is an extension on my browser and happens pretty automatically, and I haven't found it slows anything down, so I use it and have gotten some money out of it.

Once again, I agree with Seeker Smile

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 11:06 am
I use retailmenot cash back. I used to get a LOT. They've changed a little, but I still get quite a bit.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 11:25 am
Don't forget fetch, coin out, receipt hog..... I CAN be bothered to scan my receipts a bunch of times per shopping trip. Smile

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 11:33 am
TwinsMommy wrote:
Don't forget fetch, coin out, receipt hog..... I CAN be bothered to scan my receipts a bunch of times per shopping trip. Smile

Wait, you scan the same receipt in multiple apps and get money back from multiple places?

Teach me your ways!

I can be bothered, too!

(I use Ebates for online and love it.)

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 11:33 am
TwinsMommy wrote:

Wait, you scan the same receipt in multiple apps and get money back from multiple places?

Teach me your ways!

I can be bothered, too!

(I use Ebates for online and love it.)

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 11:36 am
Lol yes indeedy. Pm me and I'll give you links later when I'm home. Smile

SuperWify

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 11:58 am
TwinsMommy wrote:

So cool can you please send all the places you scan your recipe to on here for everyone?

gamanit

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 12:02 pm
Retailmenot is often good. You can check with cashbackmonitor to see who's best at different times. Retailmenot has some amazing cashback offers today.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 12:22 pm
I've found that Retailmenot has once or twice not given cashback on orders that should have gotten it, and they don't have a good customer service system for that kind of thing.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 3:06 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:

Pming you now!

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 4:41 pm
Here is another great site, that will often offer more than Ebates.

Edited to add link as I see many others have posted links:

Use this link to join Mr. Rebates: http://www.MrRebates.com?refid=880837

Last edited by amother on Thu, Nov 07 2019, 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

n

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 4:44 pm
You can try fetch rewards, same scanning receipt idea. I exchange for amazon gift cards.

Edited to add a link jd it helps anyone:
Hey, check out Fetch Rewards, and turn any grocery receipt into savings! You'll save on thousands of products EVERY time they're on your receipt. Enter my referral code, 1RFFN at the sign-up screen and you'll get 2,000 Fetch Points ($2.00 in points!) when you complete one receipt. Download here https://fetchrewards.onelink.m.....ltext

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 5:42 pm
SuperWify wrote:
So cool can you please send all the places you scan your recipe to on here for everyone?

Okidokee. A few now and I'll do more later tonight. Gotta make dinner soon.

I've been using the Shopkick app and love it - you will too 😀 We'll both get points toward a free gift card when you try it. Use code FREE806827 or download https://getsk.co/free806827

https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=9TYND6Q

Hey! Thought you would enjoy Ibotta (if you don’t already). It’s an easy to use, cash back rewards app. I use it every time I shop, and thought you would like it too. Use my referral code, xlnklng, and you can start saving real cash at all your favorite retailers. Sign up at https://ibotta.com/r/xlnklng

Check out Fetch Rewards. Turn any grocery receipt into savings! Use my referral code, E19Q2, during signup and you'll get 2,000 Fetch Points just for starting. Download here: https://fetchrewards.onelink.m.....ocial

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 7:47 pm
https://go.ebat.es/HEATHE3985?eeid=44753

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Nov 09 2019, 10:36 pm
Ibotta and Rakuten do not really work exactly the same way.
Rakuten works with online stores. You go to their portal (you can install this on your device so that it automatically goes through Rakuten) and then you shop as normal. Every store has a different percent of cashback. It works the same as Mr. Rebates and Topcashback, and about a dozen others. Rakuten (formerly ebates) seems to be the most well known, but in my personal experience, Mr. Rebates gives better rebates than Rakuten. Lately, I have found that Topcashback gives the best rebates for the stores I shop at.
As someone mentioned, there is a website called Cashbackmonitor, in which you can type in the store you want to shop at, and they will give you a chart of how much each cashback site will reward you. Each of these cashback sites have free signups, so if you are signed up to a few, you can always get the higher cashback. If you shop online a lot, it's silly not to go through one of these portals- it's essentially free money and takes an extra second.
Ibotta has two categories, in store apps and online.
The online stores work basically the same as the sites mentioned above. You go to Ibotta and click on the online store you want to shop at and then shop as usual.
The in-store tab works for many grocery stores. You need to first tag the offer before uploading the receipt. Let's say you see that they are offering 3 dollars back on a box of huggies diapers (check to make sure you are getting exactly the right thing), you need to click on the offer. After you buy it, you need to scan your receipt, and then they give you the cash back rebate. You need 20 dollars to cash out.
They also have many incentives that earn you extra money, such as redeeming 10 offers the first 14 days earns you 20 dollars.
If you refer someone, and they redeem one thing, you get 5 dollars. It's pretty amazing. I made more than 50 dollars in my first month.
You just have to be careful that you are not buying things you dont really need. Also, you might be able to get the same thing cheaper somewhere else, even with the rebate. But if you it's something you are buying anyway, it's for sure worth it.
And yes, you can upload the same receipt to receipt hog, coin out and fetch and get cash back on all of them .
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics