Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What do you serve your husband
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 3:52 pm
...when you give the kids a simple supper such as macaroni with ketchup or frozen pizza?

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 3:54 pm
The same plus maybe some scrambled eggs or tuna
Of course not every day
But when you have no time that’s my go to menu

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 3:54 pm
same. sometimes when I make something else my dh still eats macaroni and cheese. his preferance Smile

mha3484

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 3:55 pm
I make pasta with jarred sauce and cheese regularly and frozen pizza sometimes on Thursdays. Usually I make those dinners because im short on time or its erev shabbos and I need to focus on that so he eats them too. He can always have leftovers from the night before if he wants.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 3:55 pm
Since we both work and I am not in charge of dinners all on my own - I wouldn't necessarily serve anything

He would eat the macaroni. Or whatever I am eating. Usually we have some sort of left overs in the fridge.

He actually likes cooking more than I do, so he would be more likely than me to whip up something spontaneous for the two of us.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 3:56 pm
Same.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 4:01 pm
Wow! That would be awesome to give the kids macaroni and ketchup or fish sticks for dinner!

I cook every night, not complicated- chicken cutlets with wild rice and broccoli, salmon with quinoa and string beans, hamburger with fixings on a roll with cauliflower..... but I cook real dinner every night.
In truth, I am a dietitian and the idea of packaged fish sticks or just pasta, doesn't work for me.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 4:03 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Wow! That would be awesome to give the kids macaroni and ketchup or fish sticks for dinner!

I cook every night, not complicated- chicken cutlets with wild rice and broccoli, salmon with quinoa and string beans, hamburger with fixings on a roll with cauliflower..... but I cook real dinner every night.
In truth, I am a dietitian and the idea of packaged fish sticks or just pasta, doesn't work for me.

How very passive aggressive

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 4:03 pm
When I do easy dinner ill warn my husband before he gets home and hell pickup food if its not something he wants to eat...

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 4:10 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
How very passive aggressive

Indeed.
She just whips up something simple ...... those meals are something I would serve guests.
I think she confused this thread with the humble brag thread.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 4:17 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:

What’s wrong with scrambled eggs and a salad with some of the macaroni ?
The carbs you mentioned have the same or a higher glycemic index
But since you’re a dietician you probably know that already

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 4:22 pm
I give easy dairy Thursdays so dh gets fresh chicken soup and chicken from the soup.
Salmon is easy to prepare. Perhaps you can serve that to dh with an easy side.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 4:23 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Indeed.
She just whips up something simple ...... those meals are something I would serve guests.
I think she confused this thread with the humble brag thread.

Sorry but those are all relatively simple suppers. Sounds like most recipes have only a few ingredients.

A complicated supper would be eggplant parmesan, bread the eggplant yourself, make the marinara sauce yourself, with vegetable soup and mashed potatoes. That kind of supper would take hours. And plenty of suppers on the supper thread that are way more elaborate.

I'm just curious why she would make both salmon and quinoa for the same meal, as they're both proteins, and she said she's a dietitian... curious what her reasoning would be.

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 4:29 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Sorry but those are all relatively simple suppers. Sounds like most recipes have only a few ingredients.

A complicated supper would be eggplant parmesan, bread the eggplant yourself, make the marinara sauce yourself, with vegetable soup and mashed potatoes. That kind of supper would take hours. And plenty of suppers on the supper thread that are way more elaborate.

I'm just curious why she would make both salmon and quinoa for the same meal, as they're both proteins, and she said she's a dietitian... curious what her reasoning would be.

Quinoa is a high carb food. It also has protein.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 4:35 pm
Salmon
Pasta with sauce (he loves it)
Frozen eggplant with sauce
Something defrosted from the freezer (meatballs, cutlets etc)
Leftovers
Tell him to buy dinner

These are some options...

Wife1

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 4:40 pm
Frozen pizza or toast

agreer

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 4:43 pm
If the kids have macaroni, he has macaroni as a side dish and I grill a chicken breast or piece of fish.

If they have fish sticks, he will sometimes get fish sticks b/c he loves them.

However, I always make super-simple suppers for MYSELF b/c there's no way I'm eating fish sticks or macaroni and ketchup for supper. So I make grilled chicken and veggies on a foreman, baked chicken thighs with cauliflower on a sheet pan (takes minutes to throw together), or leftovers (planned-overs).

I freeze all my carbs in 1-cup servings (rice, noodles, macaroni, quinoa etc) and will pull out a different one as a side dish.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 4:44 pm
I usually discuss it with DH first , if I’m making a pasta dinner or something like that. He would whip up a scrambled egg or omelette if he felt he needed more but likes when I take it easy with making supper at least once a week . I’m the one who has an issue with it more than him

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 4:46 pm
Dh will usually eat the same if that's what I was serving. If he doesn't like something he'll make himself some grilled hot dogs and load up the buns with fixins.

Funny thing is that if I'm making chicken on the bone, I actually put up a small pan of ziti for him instead.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 4:52 pm
Squishy wrote:
Quinoa is a high carb food. It also has protein.

Yup, that's why I asked. Salmon is high in protein as well.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics