Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What do you serve your husband
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

hodeez

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 4:56 pm
When I saw the thread title, I was so expecting all of the comments to say "my husband serves me!"

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 5:01 pm
Whatever I make he can eat it or make something himself. I am not mean but if I throw in a simple dinner it's Bec I am worn out and done for the day, but still have hours to go and then is still hw showers and bed. If I am making something else that I want I will offer to make for him also outherwise I just eat the same simple stuff

Question back if you make simple dinners do you eat it or make yourself special dinners??

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 5:05 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Wow! That would be awesome to give the kids macaroni and ketchup or fish sticks for dinner!

I cook every night, not complicated- chicken cutlets with wild rice and broccoli, salmon with quinoa and string beans, hamburger with fixings on a roll with cauliflower..... but I cook real dinner every night.
In truth, I am a dietitian and the idea of packaged fish sticks or just pasta, doesn't work for me.

Does you shoulder hurt from throwing all that shade? Be happy your kids are willing to eat those foods.

To the op, do the men you know not eat pizza??

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 5:06 pm
Macaroni with ketchup or frozen pizza Very Happy

Or leftovers from yesterday.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 5:48 pm
Frozen pizza, scrambled eggs, or hot dogs (he eats like a kid too 🙂)

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 5:53 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Yup, that's why I asked. Salmon is high in protein as well.

Quinoa has just as much protein as pasta. It's still classified as a carb.

Ravenclaw

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 5:53 pm
Macaroni with ketchup or frozen pizza.

Though usually I bake a pan of chicken bottoms and potatoes at the beginning of the week and give him a choice every night if he wants that or the easy supper.

pause

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 5:55 pm
Whatever I make for supper is supper for everyone. I don't do restaurant-style serving. If I make an easy supper, it's because I didn't have time or energy to make something more. DH will eat whatever there is. If he's still hungry, he's welcome to a plate of cereal and milk or rice cake and peanut butter or whatever else floats his boat.

Ravenclaw

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 5:56 pm
hodeez wrote:
When I saw the thread title, I was so expecting all of the comments to say "my husband serves me!"

Lol same. I actually opened this thread with the plan to make a fuss about the assumption that women serve men, but decided I don’t have patience to...
But since I started now I will just say that whoever is less tired serves that day.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 6:00 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Quinoa has just as much protein as pasta. It's still classified as a carb.

So why not serve pasta as a side to salmon? The whole point of quinoa is that it's a complete protein, but serving it with salmon seems to me to be a bit overkill, I think. Like using a cup of detergent when only a teaspoon will do.

Serve salmon with plain pasta, and you have the same nutritional value with less fuss. Serving quinoa with salmon has nothing to do with nutrition and everything to do with ego.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 6:04 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
So why not serve pasta as a side to salmon? The whole point of quinoa is that it's a complete protein, but serving it with salmon seems to me to be a bit overkill, I think. Like using a cup of detergent when only a teaspoon will do.

Serve salmon with plain pasta, and you have the same nutritional value with less fuss. Serving quinoa with salmon has nothing to do with nutrition and everything to do with ego.

A) Quinoa is still healthier than pasta, and less processed.
B) Interestingly, some people actually like it better.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 6:04 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:

I don't know why you decided to classify quinoa as the whole point of it being ____. Very Happy
The purpose of food was determined by God to nourish us and give us pleasure. Each person should decide how to nourish themselves and find pleasure in food their own way.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 6:10 pm
I don't serve him anything. He serves me ☺. Dinner is his department.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 6:11 pm
hodeez wrote:

Ha.. that was my immediate response even before I read yours . But in all seriousness , I work in the afternoon until around and my husband is home with the kids so he cooks .

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 6:17 pm
I serve only simple meals on weekdays and dh eats what everyone else eats. I work full time and commute approximately 2hours a day; I’m not making separate meals for individuals. Naw, that not true: I wouldn’t even if I were a sahm. I’m running a home, not a restaurant.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 6:22 pm
Actually, I used to just serve whatever I made the kids and tried a help-yourself supper but that didn't work very well for us. Dh barely eats during the day and comes home, wants real food. Also, a macaroni and cheese or cereal and milk supper doesn't fill me either, and I want real food too. So I figured out how to serve super simple foods when the kids have fishsticks.
Honestly I'm not spending too much time preparing supper. Working, taking care of kids and house, not slaving over suppers here.
Sometimes its eggs, and I'll throw in some veggies and make it an omelet, maybe ask dh to pick up fresh rolls. Or pull out an extra thing from the freezer, like adding a vegetable soup could do it. Or falafel with cut up vegetables and pitas.
Dh doesn't mind picking up fresh pizza on a not-managing day. (But hates frozen pizza)
So maybe hes picky, and I can blame my mil for serving full suppers .... but it's ok.
Planning meals in advance helps. I'll plan a supper that I know the kids wont eat and give them kid food then. It helps to have lots of emergency foods in the freezer.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 6:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
...when you give the kids a simple supper such as macaroni with ketchup or frozen pizza?

I wish I could sometimes give quick and easy dishes to the kids, especially on a Thursday night. Dh would for sure eat something simple too. But I have a LOT of allergies in my house (dairy, egg, and chicken to name a few) so its never really possible. My Dhs fav food is pizza though- so I am sure hed love that. Just needs more than a kid to really fill up.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 6:41 pm
Takeout

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 7:04 pm
Tbh, dh is thrilled to eat "Kid food". I wish he would eat like an adult lol

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 7:28 pm
Hi op! In my house, pasta (whole wheat or brown rice) with tomato sauce and cheese (and sometimes ricotta or cottage cheese mixed in) and a large salad is a supper on our weekly menu (adding ketchup to the pasta is optional!). Pizza (preferably with whole wheat crust) and a salad would be considered a "real supper" as well. As long as there is a lot of these delicious foods, why wouldn't your husband want to eat them, too? Why is pasta or pizza a "kid food"?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics