Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What do you serve your husband
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

EPL

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 7:34 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Wow! That would be awesome to give the kids macaroni and ketchup or fish sticks for dinner!

I cook every night, not complicated- chicken cutlets with wild rice and broccoli, salmon with quinoa and string beans, hamburger with fixings on a roll with cauliflower..... but I cook real dinner every night.
In truth, I am a dietitian and the idea of packaged fish sticks or just pasta, doesn't work for me.

Do you work full time?

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 8:02 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
A) Quinoa is still healthier than pasta, and less processed.
B) Interestingly, some people actually like it better.

Who says quinoa is healthier
It will spike your blood sugar and insulin exactly the same.

cbg

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 8:12 pm
Honestly for me a simple meal is a sheet pan meal. Protein and frozen veg
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
For me it’s even easier than boiling pasta

Put the oven really high temp
Dump FROZEN chicken pieces in a pan skin side down
Bake for 45 min
Flip chicken pieces over, separate if it clumped together and add frozen veg to the pan. Mix veg with pan drippings
Continue cooking until chicken is done
About another 15-20 minutes

If you use a disposable pan no clean up

With boiling pasta you’re left with a pot and strainer.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 8:18 pm
Ok. I do serve full supper like that dietician. But if I'm honest with myself, it's because I feel guilty sitting home with nothing to show for it.Like technically I could go on vacation and they wouldn't really need me.
they come home asking what's for supper? I think it makes me feel good being able to say xyz.

What a looser, but whatever.
Is anyone like this

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 8:20 pm
nothing, he finds leftovers, takes what the kids have, or takes care of himself. hes a 35 year old man and im overextended, he can take care of himself.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 8:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
...when you give the kids a simple supper such as macaroni with ketchup or frozen pizza?

When I make this for my kids my husband gets Kani salad. Easy one plate dinner

pizza4

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 9:13 pm
Seriously, chicken and potatoes in the oven is a simpler meal for me than macaroni. No pot to wash after, and you don't need to stand over the pot making sure it's the right readiness.

pizza4

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 9:16 pm
When I need a quick supper and haven't got time, usually eggs and veggies and fries in the oven. Or veggie omelet with sauce and cheese melted on top.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 1:42 am
We dont make individual dinners for each person. One thing is made for everyone. And sometimes I make dinner and sometimes my husband makes dinner.
But weather dinner is mac and cheese or burgers with rice, eveeyone eats what is made.
Why cant an adult male eat pizza or pasta?

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 1:45 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Who says quinoa is healthier
It will spike your blood sugar and insulin exactly the same.

Nobody said low glycemic index. There’s more to health than that.

Although jelly beans and oatmeal might spike your blood sugar the same, one is still healthier than the other.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 1:49 am
When I was married, exdh would only eat a few things. Meat or chicken, potatoes or rice. No veggies, no salads. I'd make a huge batch of beef stew, roast, or roasted chicken at the beginning of the week, and he'd eat it all week long. I made the potatoes and rice the day of dinner.

Sometimes he would order pizza. That was it.

As far as fending for himself, I LITERALLY had to teach him how to boil water so he could make his own instant coffee. How does a man live to be in his mid 60's and not know how to boil water?

Ruchel

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 5:28 am
I generally do one for all (never ketchup in pasta, ever)

Raisin

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 5:51 am
I make pasta once a week or so. I don't eat it myself generally so I always make salmon and a salad or veggies with it. I ask all the kids if they want salmon but only a few of them like it.

Rappel

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 6:58 am
DH prefers Mac and cheese for supper. So do I for that matter. LOL

Ruchel

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 9:24 am
I frankly don't eat fish sticks, quinoa and everything

itsmeima

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 9:50 am
Are you freakin kidding me, you've got one job: to serve him and you can't even do that!

If my kids have a simple supper (Oh, the guilt!), once they're in bed I get cooking... If I'm really tired, instead of making him dessert, I'll take out compote from the freeze, but that happened twice b'H!

Seriously, you guys Mad

SleepingBeauty

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 11:25 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Wow! That would be awesome to give the kids macaroni and ketchup or fish sticks for dinner!

I cook every night, not complicated- chicken cutlets with wild rice and broccoli, salmon with quinoa and string beans, hamburger with fixings on a roll with cauliflower..... but I cook real dinner every night.
In truth, I am a dietitian and the idea of packaged fish sticks or just pasta, doesn't work for me.

Mustard, I'd love some good balanced meals. Are you able to pm me what your supper menu is, it would be so helpful Very Happy

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 11:35 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Indeed.
She just whips up something simple ...... those meals are something I would serve guests.
I think she confused this thread with the humble brag thread.

Here’s what works for me . We cook a lot of food for Shabbat and my daughter at school once a week and eat leftovers the rest of the week. When we run out we eat cheese or scrambled eggs or whatever is edible but doesn’t need to be cooked.

I consider these things to be the following:

Eggs, cheese, sour cream, avocado, tuna ( we actually don’t like but it would fit how we eat,) fermented veg ( like kimchi, pickles,) and smoked fish. Oh and soups from freezer

On the meat side, lamb sausages ( no filler) salami or other cold nuts ( no filler) and as always, eggs. I don’t need to cook daily to eat good, real food that fits my food plan and I’m also not averse to leftovers.

If you feel like you need a plan for these times with your husband, just ask him and prepare ahead.

EPL

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 11:54 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
When I was married, exdh would only eat a few things. Meat or chicken, potatoes or rice. No veggies, no salads. I'd make a huge batch of beef stew, roast, or roasted chicken at the beginning of the week, and he'd eat it all week long. I made the potatoes and rice the day of dinner.

Sometimes he would order pizza. That was it.

As far as fending for himself, I LITERALLY had to teach him how to boil water so he could make his own instant coffee. How does a man live to be in his mid 60's and not know how to boil water?

My husband is in his mid sixties and can't boil water. I don't know if it's disinterest in cooking or laziness.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 11:59 am
itsmeima wrote:
Are you freakin kidding me, you've got one job: to serve him and you can't even do that!

If my kids have a simple supper (Oh, the guilt!), once they're in bed I get cooking... If I'm really tired, instead of making him dessert, I'll take out compote from the freeze, but that happened twice b'H!

Seriously, you guys Mad

Am I reading this correctly? Did u actually say you have one job and u can't do that? Possibly u don't work and have everyone off to school all day. Perhaps u also have a woman come in to clean. But many of us leave for work earlier than our husbands, and have demanding jobs.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics