Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Do you screen before sending to play dates?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:40 am
ShishKabob wrote:
I am very friendly with this secretary, she's almost like my friend. Does that count?

I am very friendly with the secretary at our kuppat cholim. She's practically my friend. Is it ok if I ask her which medications everyone is taking?
This is le'toelet. I wouldn't want my child to visit a home where one of the parents suffers from a syndrome or illness I don't approve of. I consider this due diligence. How else can I find out if someone is mentally ill or has an STD??

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 9:21 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I am very friendly with the secretary at our kuppat cholim. She's practically my friend. Is it ok if I ask her which medications everyone is taking?
This is le'toelet. I wouldn't want my child to visit a home where one of the parents suffers from a syndrome or illness I don't approve of. I consider this due diligence. How else can I find out if someone is mentally ill or has an STD??

Why did I get two hugs?
I was being tongue in cheek. Did the huggers not realise that? Or did they think I'm crazy for making such a big deal of staff sharing information?

I work at a school. We hear very, very personal information about kids and their homes. Sometimes I hear directly from the kids and their parents, sometimes another member of staff tells me so I can do my job.

I have not signed any forms of confidentiality, they don't have that at schools in Israel. But I would consider it a terrible breach of ethics to share any of this info with any of my friends. Not even a general warning telling them a home is problematic. (If it's safe enough to send the first pupil to live in his home, it's safe enough for your child to visit).

What I hear at school, stays at school.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics