Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
For those of you who work long hours, what field are you in?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:36 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
For those of you in healthcare or attorney type jobs- are you able to be “home, home” once your daytime hrs are done or do you still put additional hrs in at home?

Attorney here. I have to do whatever's necessary to complete my workload and make my deadlines, which sometimes requires additional hours from home. But it's not like I log on to work every night after the kids go to bed. It's kind of up and down, depending on what else is going on and how busy my colleagues are.

Also, I am expected to keep an eye out for emails and be reasonably responsive, even during off hours (excluding Shabbos and yom tov obviously).

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 8:38 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I work in public health. I'm blessed to be in my position and many people have unknowingly benefited from the work that I do. Considering many threads here, you can throw the tomatoes now.

Can I pm you? I have an MPH and am figuring out how to get into the field. If not can you give some advice?

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 9:33 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Pharmacist, out the house for 11 hours a day when I work, but only 3 days a week

What type of pharmacist are you? I'm actually finishing up my PharmD. (!!) and I kind of hoped/thought the hours are better than that...But I guess that's still considered part time..

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:26 am
Therapist at an organization, not private practice. I put in almost 40 hours a week plus commute time. And when I am off I don't get paid but I still get calls, have to do research, create worksheets/handouts, do CEUs etc.
And no, I don't get paid big bucks as many think. I work at one of those organizations people don't support until it's time your family needs us. And then you probably can't....

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 9:44 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Can I pm you? I have an MPH and am figuring out how to get into the field. If not can you give some advice?

I can PM you if you use your user name.

groisamomma

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:03 pm
Public school teacher. Starts crazy early so I need to be out by 6:30 for the commute. To avoid bringing home work or staying late, I usually leave 6:15 or so. Upside is I'm usually home an hour before my kids.

The pay sucks, so don't be too impressed 😉.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:09 pm
I work in residential facilities for disabled people
I work 24 hours 7 days a week Always In always responsible.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:15 pm
Civil Engineer
I'm barely home because when I'm in my drawings and plans I cannot be disturbed and will not leave until I feel I've done enough. I get lost in time and my work which I love.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:30 pm
RN. 13 shifts per month...usually 3 nights shifts per week. Once Im home I leave all work behind. I do homework.and dinner with my kids and am home to put them on the bus in the morning.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 11:02 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I work in public health. I'm blessed to be in my position and many people have unknowingly benefited from the work that I do. Considering many threads here, you can throw the tomatoes now.

What does it mean to work in public health?

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 11:11 pm
Hmmm
are you guys moms as well????
How could that happen? Can't Believe It

nicole81

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 11:50 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Hmmm

Is this sarcasm? Or are you implying that working long hours precludes women from having intercourse?

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 12:15 am
Hmmm
nicole81 wrote:
Is this sarcasm? Or are you implying that working long hours precludes women from having intercourse?

My children take precedence over everything else, and they are B"h very well rounded individuals. I give them all my time and attention. Our intimate life is amazing as well!

It certainly isn't easy, it needs to be cultivated, but it has worked for us!

Frumwithallergies

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 1:51 am
45-90 hrs per week. Medicine.

And yes I'm a mom and wife. I bring home admin work and other paperwork to do after my dc are in bed. That is, if I get home before they go to sleep. Tonight I got home at 1:30 am; left my house at 7:30 yesterday morning and have to be up again in 5 hours.....
But here I am, on Imamother, for a few minutes of downtime.
Goodnight!

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 5:48 am
I work as a secretary in my kids school but it is a twenty minute drive each way and I have to be there when the doors open (school starts at 8:30 and ends at 4:00). I am usually out of my house with all my kids by 7:40 and get home around 4:45. And no I don't get paid a lot! I love what I do and I love having the same schedule as my kids!

Ruchel

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 6:06 am
can be anything really

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 6:16 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
What does it mean to work in public health?

Public health is a big field. There are NGOs like the Gates Foundation, Doctors without Borders, etc. There are many companies with
charity components. Then there are GOs such as PHS, CDC, FDA among others. I work for a GO and I love what I do.

And, yes, I'm married with some amazing children.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 7:15 am
CPA/Controller. I work at home two days a week, the other days I commute 4.5 hours a day... out before 7 and home after six ...

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 1:08 am
Frumwithallergies wrote:
45-90 hrs per week. Medicine.

And yes I'm a mom and wife. I bring home admin work and other paperwork to do after my dc are in bed. That is, if I get home before they go to sleep. Tonight I got home at 1:30 am; left my house at 7:30 yesterday morning and have to be up again in 5 hours.....
But here I am, on Imamother, for a few minutes of downtime.
Goodnight!

Wow! Kol hakoved!

dankbar

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 7:17 am
You are all superwomen! Don't know, how you all do it?!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics