Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Pre 1 A kid having accidents

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 7:21 pm
My ds has come home quite a few times with wet pants. Recently he came home with a #2 accident. He felt so bad, and he said some kids were saying that it smelled and he pretended he didn't know why Sad
Sometimes the issue is that he raises his hand but the rebbi/Morah says no questions now or says hold on a few minutes ... and then it's too late.
Is this normal?
I should call the teachers, right?
Please help me help my poor baby!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 7:47 pm
He should make a discreet signal with the rebbe/morah that means he needs the bathroom, like raising 2 fingers instead of his whole hand. He/she can just nod that the signal was seen without interrupting the lesson, and understand that for this child (all of 5!!) it's an emergency and it cannot be held.

Sewsew_mom

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 9:47 pm
I saw the title and I was abiut to answer u before reading.. Pre 1 a the kids start getting rules and one of the rules is raising ur hand for bathroom. My daughter (she's a grade younger) was told to raise 2 fingers to use the bathroom this yr. She told me yesterday she had a few accidents cus morah didn't see her fingers. I was so frustrated. How do teachers do that to such young kids.
So today I told the teacher it seems my daughter isn't raising her hand high enough or the morahs aren't paying enough attention to the kids.. But if you make a rule it needs to work for the kids so please look out for which kids need to use the bathroom or let them go if morah doesn't see them. Their too young to make bathroom a joke. Just let the kids go when they need like maybe take a pass or something. Ugh. They expect so much from these kids and it really causes self esteem issues. Def Def say something to the teacher. And I train my kids if morah doesn't see you or she says no and u really need to go, u just go very quietly. And if u get punished after I'm happy to speak to the teacher. (but I also tell them to go during break so this never has to happen)

nchr

Post Thu, Nov 07 2019, 10:58 pm
Is this happening on the bus home from school? You may just need to call to make sure they use the toilet before going on the bus.

Otherwise, if he has a BM in school, you should be called to change him because it is unfair for a child to be sitting in a BM all day....

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 2:02 am
My daughter's school has 4 passes hanging on the wall by the door. Children can take a pass and just go. If all the passes are out, it means they have to wait until one comes back before they go. At 5 they're not really old enough to really abuse the system-yes 3 might go because their friend went, but I still think it works. I think if you show the kids you trust them, they respond to that.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 4:24 am
nchr wrote:
Is this happening on the bus home from school? You may just need to call to make sure they use the toilet before going on the bus.

Otherwise, if he has a BM in school, you should be called to change him because it is unfair for a child to be sitting in a BM all day....

No, not on the bus.
I wasn't called because he didn't tell anyone what happened! He was too embarrassed, understandably!

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 4:30 am
Argh! These things drive me insane!

Imagine in the adult world if we had such a system by asking permission to use the bathroom at work. Oh the scandal! Harassment! Abuse !
And yet adults abuse their bathroom break much more than a five year old would.

Please please talk to the morah

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 4:35 am
Obviously call the teacher. Why are you even asking?

momX4

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 4:42 am
Call the teacher. Have her tell your dc to just go to the bathroom whenever he needs to. No need to wait for Morah.

My doc would have accidents while running to the bathroom. Ok nice we took away the "wait to ask morah" we never had a problem

Also, at this age the kids are usually required to have a complete change of clothing in school.

nchr

Post Sat, Nov 09 2019, 10:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No, not on the bus.
I wasn't called because he didn't tell anyone what happened! He was too embarrassed, understandably!

A teacher should be able to tell if a child had a BM. You definitely need to call and see what's going on and find a way to prevent it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children