Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
5 towns - Inwood, north woodmere or valley stream

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 12:05 pm
Hi,
We've lived out of town for a few years and will be hopefully be moving to the TriState area next year. I'm wondering about the 5Towns - specifically Inwood vs North Woodmere vs Valley Stream. Which one of these areas are least competitive? I'm very nervous about that. Also can anyone update me on housing costs and how the types of people differ in each area? Thank you very much!!

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 3:31 pm
Inwood is definitely the least competitive. It’s the same general crowd as far rockaway. It has the whole “yeshiva world” spectrum. Kollel guys to guys who don’t even own a black hat. There is no MO here though. Housing starts at 500k but that’s gonna be a very small cape style house or a house that needs a ton of work.

Valley stream and north woodmere for the frum purposes is all called north woodmere. There is a definite overlap of the crowds but it’s more “five towns” than inwood. You will find few if any kollel guys and there also MO there. It’s a general nicer than inwood and the houses are in better condition and start at around 700k

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 3:35 pm
I don't know anything about 5 towns except that my sister in law who is the kindest, friendliest, warmest person I know lives in Inwood. She has a beautiful family and from what I understand loves the neighborhood.

kiwi strawberry

Post Sat, Nov 09 2019, 7:22 pm
Valley Stream IS North Woodmere 🤗 or shall we say North Woodmere is Valley Stream 😇

amother
Pearl

Post Sat, Nov 09 2019, 8:19 pm
Inwood is nice out of town feel

amother
Tan

Post Sat, Nov 09 2019, 8:23 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Inwood is definitely the least competitive. It’s the same general crowd as far rockaway. It has the whole “yeshiva world” spectrum. Kollel guys to guys who don’t even own a black hat. There is no MO here though. Housing starts at 500k but that’s gonna be a very small cape style house or a house that needs a ton of work.

Valley stream and north woodmere for the frum purposes is all called north woodmere. There is a definite overlap of the crowds but it’s more “five towns” than inwood. You will find few if any kollel guys and there also MO there. It’s a general nicer than inwood and the houses are in better condition and start at around 700k

Yep to all of this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating