Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Need Advice ASAP!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 8:25 am
Hi,
I do sales for a few small companies. All companies besides for one is commission based. I work from home. One company pays me $200 a week for 10 hours plus commission- I've been working with him for about 8 weeks and so far booked about 20 appointments (not going to go into detail) but he hasn't gone to any besides for one appt...whatever.
My question is, he decided now that he wants my password to my email that I use for his buisness, I do not feel comfortable sharing it. I am not hiding anything. But I don't need anyone "spying"on me, and then he'll question why I replied like this, and what about that etc.. My question is am I mechuyev to give it to him? He claims that his friend that owns a company has log ins to all employees. I get that, but that's when you work "in" the company, they set you up a email, they give you a computer, phone etc...and train you...
This is sales...am I wrong? I wish I could give up the $200 a week, but at this point in time I still need it,

1ofbillions

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 8:28 am
IMHO he has the right to access all of your communication with his clients. You’re representing his business - it would be very irresponsible of him to not monitor your activity.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 8:28 am
I give him weekly reports, is that not good enough?

watergirl

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 8:29 am
I don't work from home. But fwiw, my boss has my passwords and logins - they assigned it to me!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 8:36 am
1ofbillions wrote:
IMHO he has the right to access all of your communication with his clients. You’re representing his business - it would be very irresponsible of him to not monitor your activity.

Our agreement was that I "get" him meeting and appointments. Which I am b''h getting lots of more and more. He is not going to any appointments...

Wouldn't weekly reports be good enough? I am not a baby...I've been working for over 12 years. I know that he's very happy with the work I am doing.

syrima

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 8:58 am
I would also feel very uncomfortable with that arrangement.
Maybe you could offer to cc him on any appointment booking related emails instead?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 9:11 am
syrima wrote:
I would also feel very uncomfortable with that arrangement.
Maybe you could offer to cc him on any appointment booking related emails instead?

I did, and he didn't go for that. He's quite controlling which is not good, and this might just be the end of it for me.
lol, any appointment he can't commit to...he needs to talk on the phone for a half hour every time I speak to him and I have to hear his whole life story and about every aspect of the buisness which has nothing to do with me.
He's a older person...

This might just be it for me!

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 9:12 am
Are you a 1099/contractor or a regular employee? Might make a difference here.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 9:18 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Are you a 1099/contractor or a regular employee? Might make a difference here.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 9:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

If you offered to cc him on all correspondence - does it really matter if he has access to your password. I mean it feels icky - but whats the difference?

I would quit anyway. You seem great at generating leads. work for someone who will visit the targets.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 9:23 am
I actually called up a consultant and was told that legally I do not need to give it to him.
If the email was his domain, then I would be, but in this case its not and I don't need to give it.

I think I'm done with him! Hashem will send parnassa another way.
Can't live like this...its been eating me up lately.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 9:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I actually called up a consultant and was told that legally I do not need to give it to him.
If the email was his domain, then I would be, but in this case its not and I don't need to give it.

I think I'm done with him! Hashem will send parnassa another way.
Can't live like this...its been eating me up lately.

reach out to all those 20 contacts and ask them to let you know if they ever sign with your soon to be former client.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 9:34 am
If anyone knows of any sales jobs, I am open to more at this point.
B''H I am good at it...I love it, I'm a hard worker and go getter

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 9:36 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
reach out to all those 20 contacts and ask them to let you know if they ever sign with your soon to be former client.

Well, chances are he'll be prob going to 5 chanuka boutiques which I set him up for...prob cuz he paid for it..
The 20 appointments that I have for him...I wonder...wonder if I'll ever get the commission if he'll even go...
we did say that we'll go to a rav if any problems arise...wonder if its even worth it at this point... I feel so done with him..

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 9:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If anyone knows of any sales jobs, I am open to more at this point.
B''H I am good at it...I love it, I'm a hard worker and go getter

Are you interested in a commission- only job? I may know of someone looking. If so, please post an email address so that we can be in touch further.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 9:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Well, chances are he'll be prob going to 5 chanuka boutiques which I set him up for...prob cuz he paid for it..
The 20 appointments that I have for him...I wonder...wonder if I'll ever get the commission if he'll even go...
we did say that we'll go to a rav if any problems arise...wonder if its even worth it at this point... I feel so done with him..

the commission is yours if he makes a sale. If he's a mentch he'll send you the commission check. If he's not - it will be good to know what is owing to you - then decide what to do about it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 10:01 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
the commission is yours if he makes a sale. If he's a mentch he'll send you the commission check. If he's not - it will be good to know what is owing to you - then decide what to do about it.

I guess we'll see what happens...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 10:02 am
deleted

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 09 2019, 3:34 pm
deleted

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 12:51 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Are you interested in a commission- only job? I may know of someone looking. If so, please post an email address so that we can be in touch further.

I'm bumping this up in case you're interested.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers