Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Bought a bunch of prewashed greens for smoothies what to do!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 1:15 pm
Then realized that one is really supposed to wash it first as there can be bacteria in prewashed greens (ie. spinach, kale).
Don't really have time to wash it all.Nor a salad spinner to dry it.
Does anyone have a suggestion of what to do.
My original plan was to just freeze it the way it was and use the leaves as needed for smoothies.
But once it is frozen think it will be too hard and time consuming to clean individual portions for smoothies.

Any help plz?

HEviatar

Post Fri, Nov 08 2019, 5:41 pm
Is there harm in freezing it wet?

I can imagine you cleaning the greens thoroughly and then shaking them out as best you can, and then freezing them in juice. If the cubes are a bit watered down, no harm done really. My preference is to freeze fruit for smoothies and then to use frozen spinach as a vitamin component, but I can't imagine you'd harm the flavor of your end product if the greens you're sneaking in were frozen with a bit of water attached.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking