Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Chashuv Women with Name Deena

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 10:55 am
Hi,
Can anyone share a rebbitzen who passed in the last few generations who had the name Deena? TIA!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 11:52 am
The wife of Reb Shaul Hager (The rabbi of Den hague, Holland). She was a very special woman that didn't have any kids. The Chidu said she was a very holly woman. But she passed away many years ago

chatz

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 11:58 am
The wife of the Rebbe Rayatz (r' Yosef Yitzchok, 6th lubavitcher Rebbe) was Nechama Dina.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 12:38 pm
Thank you.
Any others?

finallyamommy

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 3:01 pm
Rav Elyashiv had a daughter named either Ettel Dina or Dina Ettel (I just googled it and see both names)

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 3:22 pm
Rebbitzen Dina Shkop AH.

https://mishpacha.com/doing-her-best/

This article sums her up better than I can ever write about her. Truly an incredible woman that I had the Zechus to know.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 3:48 pm
It's interesting. Both women here who only had the name Deena (no middle name) didn't have children...
Does anyone know of someone named Deena with only one name who DOES have children?
(Asking 1,000% serious. I spoke to a Rav anyway, but I'm finding it interesting and want to be comfortable using the name...)

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 3:54 pm
I am from Lakewood, and went to BRR. Our principal was Mrs. Dina Brody a"h.
Her full name was Dina Sara. She was one of the most special women I knew and she touched the lives of everyone around her. She did have children.
I don't think you'd name after someone you don't know, but the name just brought her to mind.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 3:55 pm
Some people say you should add a name because of lashon din... although there are Chassidish families that use just Deena after a grandmother who clearly had children.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 9:57 am
My daughter is Dina after my grandmother who was a very special women, though not famous. She did have children, obviously, and many grandchildren and great grandchildren.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 10:23 am
I am Deenah and I am chashov in Gods eyes. I am thankfully blessed with a beautiful family.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 10:24 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Some people say you should add a name because of lashon din... although there are Chassidish families that use just Deena after a grandmother who clearly had children.
It's so interesting to me, I thought that only chassidish ppl had an issue with the solitary name Dinah.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 10:25 am
My great grandmother ah was named deena. There are many deenah’s in our family and all are blessed with large families.

amother
White

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 11:03 am
If you want to use the name, use it. You don't have to tie it to some rebbetzin (wonderful as she may have been) with whom you have no personal connection.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names