Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shabbos in LA

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 2:12 pm
We made plans to go to LA for Yeshiva Week and now are trying to decide what to do for shabbos. Appreciate any suggestions.

Are there hotels near shuls? Where is the best place to get meals? etc and so on

Ellie7

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 2:15 pm
Stay in Pico. There are two hotels, I think, in the community. There’s takeout on Pico. I think people really like Leider’s but there’s also Pico Kosher Deli and Got Kosher.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 2:25 pm
Residence inn on south Beverly and pico is your best bet.

Hatemywig

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 2:31 pm
Hotels:

The Carlyle Inn

Mr. C

Beverly Hills Marriot

Food: Lieder's
Got Kosher
Schwartz's
Pico Kosher Deli (PKD)

Kosher stores with takeout:

Pico Glatt Mart - Not Glatt Mart
Western Kosher
Glatt Mart

Shuls: YICC
Beth Jacob
Adas Torah
The Pico Shul
Beis Betzalel
Chabad Persian Youth
Ohel Moshe

Obviously there are more hotels, I cannot vouch for them or as I have not stayed there, and there are many many more shuls than stated above. Shul wise, you really do not need to worry, your issue will be choosing which one to go to.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 2:40 pm
If it’s important for you to be able to go to shul on shabbos then stay in an orthodox neighborhood. There are many ( Beverly Hills, Pico Robertson, Hancock park, valley village, etc.) You could stay in a hotel or rent a house. If shul isn’t your priority you could stay by the beach or in the mountains.

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 3:19 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Residence inn on south Beverly and pico is your best bet.

This is where I had booked. At least for shabbos. I’m hoping to find someplace less expensive for the rest of our stay.

ruth

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 9:14 pm
I think Leider's will lend a plata/bleich, you just give a deposit. Shaghai Gardens also does.
Le Parisianne Bakery has a nice shabbat take out menu (I happen to know the woman who cooks). Glatt Mart has a big take out in the market. So many take out options in Pico.
Ralph's supermarket also has a huge kosher section if you are looking for things on a budget, and they you can also get all your other food/paper goods shopping done.

ruth

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 9:16 pm
David Leiner kosher "airbnb" (I don't know the actual name) vacant apartments in the Pico neighborhood, you have to Whatsapp him at : (310) 430-1714

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 9:47 pm
Thanks Ruth. We ended up with an Airbnb. We saw ones by David. We just took another option.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics