Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Enneagram 9

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 9:22 pm
I tested as an enneagram 9 and a enfp. I'm married to an 5 intj. Honestly I just love to talk about this because it's fun. Does anyone have any things they've learned positively because of the eneagram or meyers briggs?
Or about 9's or 5's?🙂🙂🙂

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 10:28 pm
I am a 9 too! Several members of my family are 9, and the ones who do, share a deeper relationship than those of us who are a different number.
The number which is the closest runner-up for me is 5.
I love discussing the enneagram too! It has helped me understand many family members and close friends on a deeper level.

Ravenclaw

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 10:47 pm
I am not a 9, but I have many 9 friends.

rockstar

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 11:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I tested as an enneagram 9 and a enfp. I'm married to an 5 intj. Honestly I just love to talk about this because it's fun. Does anyone have any things they've learned positively because of the eneagram or meyers briggs?
Or about 9's or 5's?🙂🙂🙂

Can I ask what is this? Sounds interesting. Where did you do the test and how do you know what everything represents?
Sorry for the questions!

chatz

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 12:49 am
I'm a 9 married to a 5. Although our Myer Briggs type is completely different than yours.

I liked Miriam adahan's book on this topic. I think it's called awareness. I find it interesting to read about how different people think differently. Her book is a bit biased though.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 1:04 am
Hypnotized

pizza4

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 1:05 am
I'm an infp per the online test, and a 4.
I love reading about it all and discussing it, it helps me understand myself and others better. I accept certain parts of me that I tried to deny, it's pretty interesting and cool.

tf

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 6:58 am
chatz wrote:
I'm a 9 married to a 5. Although our Myer Briggs type is completely different than yours.

I liked Miriam adahan's book on this topic. I think it's called awareness. I find it interesting to read about how different people think differently. Her book is a bit biased though.

I've heard people say her book is biased but I can't see how. Can you please explain?

chatz

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 9:22 am
tf wrote:
I've heard people say her book is biased but I can't see how. Can you please explain?

The impression I got when I read her book is that all 8s are abusive. Or one tiny step away. I know a really healthy 8 who I couldn't figure out because he's nothing like she describes.

Also, she gives the impression that all 4s are depressed and all 6s have anxiety. And all 9s don't want to deal with reality and therefore won't like her book. Lol.

I still like her book. Davka because I'm a 9. I like understanding people.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 9:28 am
I'm an INTJ 5.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 9:45 am
tf wrote:

Read another book on the topic and you'll see how she is biased. You call tell which types she likes. Which I feel is the opposite purpose of the enneagram. I found that the enneagram helped me understand other people and, although I do not have much friends who are 3s for example, I understand where they are coming from and get less nervous from them. She, however, shows
subtle snobbiness to 3s. Also, she gives it to much power, like claiming that certain personalities can't work on marriage and I think that's treading on dangerous grounds.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 10:39 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
I'm an INTJ 5.

Me too. What line of work are you in?

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Nov 17 2019, 10:47 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Me too. What line of work are you in?

Can't answer that without giving myself away. Can we discuss other things?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics