Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Average wage in London

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 3:16 pm
What's the average a woman earns in london?
Office work . Teaching . Sales lady...
How much /hour ?
I'm starting to look for a job . Been a sahm for years raising my beautiful family b"h but right now I have an empty nest and want to be busy a few hours a day and want to know what to expect ...

Thank you

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 4:33 am
Bumping this up

I posted near midnight in england . I guess all my fellow Londoners were already fast asleep

baby12x

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 5:21 am
I'm not from London but I'm guessing it varies greatly based on profession.

Which type of job are you looking at?
How many hours?
What are your qualifications?

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 5:51 am
I'm in manchester so it's probably not quite the same, but the general rules are very much dependent on what exactly you'd be willing to do, what hours and what your qualifications are.
If you're unqualified and haven't had experience for a long time, you will probably struggle to find a job earning more than minimum wage which officially is £8.21 per hour.
I seem to remember someone saying teachers in Stamford Hill would get paid up at least double that but I'm not sure.
sales lady etc are probably much easier to find, but won't pay much. Job that require high skill sets or responsibilities will be unlikely to employ someone with no experience or qualifications.
You could always try being a supply teacher for schools-they often can be paid more since it's last minute, you have flexibility, and the school gets to know you, so if you want a more permanent job, they might look at you first.
Hatzlocha

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 5:53 am
I'm in London but I have a degree and my job is degree related. I currently earn about 110k but that involves a lot of hours and shift changes

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Jan 04 2020, 5:17 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I'm in London but I have a degree and my job is degree related. I currently earn about 110k but that involves a lot of hours and shift changes

Can you share what you work as?

Metukah

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 2:19 pm
I only just noticed this thread, so I thought I'll chime in. Hope it's not late.

If you've been a sahm you probably don't have much work experience. You don't mention being qualified either.

First year teaching, sales assistant in a shop or receptionist/secretary in an office (provided you have great computer skill), will definitely not start at way more than minimum wage. It's usually between 9 or 10 per hour.

Unfortunately, I see many first year teachers paid way below that. (minimum wage for under 21s is way lower).

Metukah

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 2:21 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

This. You can't ask about average, because not all fields and jobs are equal.

pnmh

Post Wed, Jan 22 2020, 2:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What's the average a woman earns in london?
Office work . Teaching . Sales lady...
How much /hour ?
I'm starting to look for a job . Been a sahm for years raising my beautiful family b"h but right now I have an empty nest and want to be busy a few hours a day and want to know what to expect ...

Thank you

I am from london. (Stamford hill) I have my own kindergarten and have 4workers working for me. The norm to pay is around 10pounds an hour. My best and most experienced worker gets 14pounds an hour.
I used to work in a school as a teacher and there they get played a bit less. I think 9pounds an hour. Good luck in finding a job.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics