Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Needle ear piercing in brooklyn

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 11:03 pm
bp or flatbush if possible

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 11:27 pm
its a gift

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 11:33 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
its a gift

They use a needle and not a piercing gun?

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 11:34 pm
https://www.itsallagift.com/

718-252-4438

bobeli

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 3:36 am
In the picture it looks like a gun, but not familiar with the store

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 4:59 am
Its all q gift is great--I took my daughter there--but he used a piercing gun. What's the benefit in a needle over a gun?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 6:40 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Its all q gift is great--I took my daughter there--but he used a piercing gun. What's the benefit in a needle over a gun?

A gun is like jamming a small nail through the ear. The needle glides through, taking out a small core.

Needle piercings don't hurt as much, heal much faster, and are less likely to get infected. Needles are only used once, instead of having to trust that the gun was sterilized properly.

You want to go to a professional body piercer who has studied for years, and does dozens of these a day. They will be the ones who will get the very best positioning.

You may have to go to a tattoo shop to get it done, but don't let that scare you off. These people are total professionals, and take their work extremely seriously.

blessedjmom

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 6:45 am
The woman that pierced my daughters ears used a gun that's made especially for baby's . It's actually the sterile earring itself that creates the hole.
Was nearly painless. Quick.
She is very experienced. Was so gentle. Very impressed.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 9:48 am
You're all recommending It's All a Gift, but I had my daughter's piercing done there twice, and both times, the earring came out almost immediately! I was told it's because they're not putting in a good-quality earring...

Anyone else have this issue with a 6-month-old girl?

I just let her hole close up because I couldn't keep getting it done, but I'd really like to get her earrings...

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 9:50 am
A professional piercer will have 14k gold or surgical steel hoops that will not come out.

They would rather die than use cheap jewelry!

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 9:51 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
A professional piercer will have 14k gold or surgical steel hoops that will not come out.

They would rather die than use cheap jewelry!

The whole thing cost $40. Didn't sound like 14k gold was used...

Teomima

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 12:06 pm
I had my daughter's ears pierced by a professional body piercer (sorry, OP, it was in Israel so I have no useful advice for you), it was done with a needle and she put in lovely surgical grade stainless steel studs. I would recommend this method over a piercing gun any day (which just forces the relatively dull earing post through the skin). It's expensive, but my daughter's ears have healed beautifully, the studs are screwed in there so no chance of them falling out, they were easy to clean during the initial healing, and my fearless daughter learned an amazing lesson about bravery.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 1:49 pm
So any recommendations in Brooklyn?

nchr

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 1:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So any recommendations in Brooklyn?

You need to go to a tattoo/piercing parlor with good ratings on yelp. Call before though because some will not do children who are not old enough to give consent. Your child should also have received at least one tetanus shot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics