Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Help! It gets dark so early! How do YOU cheer up?
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 9:42 am
Make sure to go outside and get some sun each day. It makes such a difference. And keep window shades drawn throughout the day when the sun is out.
Take vitamin D (and take a blood test to test your levels. Mine were so low I have to take 50,000 IUI). And put a sun lamp on your night table and turn it on for 10-60 minutes in the morning if there is no sun.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 10:12 am
Saralle wrote:
Winter is great. Kids go to bed early and they're feeling tired and think it's late because it's dark outside, and then I settle into the couch with some comedy or magazines or whatever. And a tea. Or coffee... oh, and chocolate. The mess can wait for tomorrow.

I'm also a fellow winter lover!
And I also like the strong light of the sun in the winter mornings when there is one.
I very much like the fact that the kids are indoors and I basically know where everyone is.

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 10:58 am
Lights. Getting out early in the day. Shmattah novels and cocoa. Calling my bffs on the phone. Perusing LL Bean winter catalogs full of gorgeous cozy essentials for my hunting lodge in Maine (that I will buy after winning the megashmillions lottery jackpot).

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 11:20 am
So JF, a few options here that I doubt you considered:
1) Most obvious. Quit your job. This will eliminate the fact of you coming home after dark. Instead you can come eat ice cream here. No worries, I’ll let you out early enough so you get home in time for shkiah so f’sure before dark.
2) once you’re jobless- you can spend as much time in Florida basking in the sun- no need to worry about your boss firing you for exceeding your vacation days.
I probably have some more amazing solutions but I have to go eat breakfast before it turns dark. Salut

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 11:47 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
So JF, a few options here that I doubt you considered:
1) Most obvious. Quit your job. This will eliminate the fact of you coming home after dark. Instead you can come eat ice cream here. No worries, I’ll let you out early enough so you get home in time for shkiah so f’sure before dark.
2) once you’re jobless- you can spend as much time in Florida basking in the sun- no need to worry about your boss firing you for exceeding your vacation days.
I probably have some more amazing solutions but I have to go eat breakfast before it turns dark. Salut

Why didn't I think of that?!

chocolatecake

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 12:01 pm
I’m the grouchy mom that loves the time change. We’re the youngest family on the block and pulling my kids inside in the summer is impossible. The kids on my block are always in and out of each other’s houses which is really nice but the constant knocking and coming and going and extra kids in my house gets annoying. Now kids go to bed so much nicer and I feel like my evening is longer
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics