Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Puff finger food for 5 mo?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 1:31 pm
So, my kid started crawling and he's no longer happy with just BFing. He won't TOUCH a bottle. Formula or pumped milk equally. Cereal he gags and gags. Less so if I put grape juice in it for flavor (don't blame him. Lol)
He gaged so bad that he vomited the bought jar veggies.... fruit jars he'll happily eat. Same with veggies from the soup. I mash it while feeding him. And he loves it. But he constantly tries to grab the spoon then puts in into his mouth the wrong way LOL. Also, I don't have soup right now.
I was thinking puffs. It says crawlers. But he's not 6 months yet.....
He's a fast learner. He started crawling/creeping at 4 months 3 weeks, It took two tries for him to learn how to eat from a spoon not long after that. I know he'll figure it out pretty quickly how to mush the puffs and swallow. My concern is more, if it isn't too heavy for such a young baby.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 1:32 pm
I’d do baby led weaning but I’d skip the puffs. Give him real food

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 3:26 pm
I don't alway have real food. When on the go or whatever. And he's 5 mo. What real food do I give a 5 mo?
He's not my first but so far my quickest!
My other kids were happy from just being bf.

tichellady

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 3:28 pm
It’s fine but not particularly nutritive. More like entertainment than food ( we use it when traveling etc) to keep baby busy. It’s not actually filling food

tichellady

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 3:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't alway have real food. When on the go or whatever. And he's 5 mo. What real food do I give a 5 mo?
He's not my first but so far my quickest!
My other kids were happy from just being bf.

You can give him cheese, banana, avocado, yogurt, peas, chickpeas, hummus, cottage cheese, hard boiled egg

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 3:36 pm
Also, if spoon feeding the soup veggies isn't working, you can cube it. And he can self feed.
You can also try the reusable pouches & fill it with pureed veggies)
I used that when my baby went through a stage of refusing to allow me to spoon feed him. ( I kept trying anyways, so when he lets me I do.)
Also, Are you spoon feeding the oatmeal?

I have puffs way before my baby was crawling, he started crawling after he turned 1 & was ready for solids at a normal age. I was told baby needs to sit unassisted when starting solids..

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 4:04 pm
He does not sit yet unassisted. But will sit in a support seat. If I just sit him down he'll hold himself for 5 seconds or so then slowly fall over.
He's been grabbing my food for a while now and quickly shoving it into his mouth..... I held off till now but hes hungry and won't take any firmula or bottles.

I don't want to wean him. But rather supplement.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 4:04 pm
tichellady wrote:
You can give him cheese, banana, avocado, yogurt, peas, chickpeas, hummus, cottage cheese, hard boiled egg

For a 5 mo?

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 5:44 pm
Puffs is a snack food. I prefer to give infants actual food rather than snacks. My kids didn't like purees either so I just gave small pieces of food and supervised closely: steamed vegetables, chicken from soup, avocado, banana, chunks of apple from homemade applesauce, scrambled eggs. Babies that age don't get bored of food and need a huge variety. Those are plenty to keep him going for a while.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 5:56 pm
What about pouches, like someone said.
My baby just eats it straight from the pouch without a spoon.
I hold it and give it a gentle squeeze then pull it away to give him time to swallow
The only downfall is he eats it too quickly
It doesn’t give the brain enough time to register that he’s full
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics