Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
ISO blogs where I can discuss Whirlpool Washer problems

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 2:25 am
I pressed the pause button my new (stackable washer/dryer) washing machine Model: WGT4027EW (purchased in July 2019), and no lights are on. Everything seemed ok, until I realized that machine is making draining noises and working, after being paused.

With washing machine being off (all lights are off), machine is making LOUD draining sounds non stop, and nothing stopped the noise, besides turning off the fuse switch.

Something is very wrong because until now when machine is working, the door didnt open. Now even when the door is open and lights are off, its making crazy loud noises non-stop.

This is the weirdest problem Ive ever had with a washing machine, making loud noises when its off.

What can this be?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 7:31 am
bump

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 12:10 pm
bump

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 5:41 pm
First check the troubleshooting guide in the owner manual. Then Call the customer care center or whatever they call it. The number should be in the manual, too. It’s brand new so it’s still under warrantee.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 5:55 pm
zaq wrote:
First check the troubleshooting guide in the owner manual. Then Call the customer care center or whatever they call it. The number should be in the manual, too. It’s brand new so it’s still under warrantee.

Correct.

Its just that my washing machine is only a few months old and the problem is so unique, I wonder if others have had the same problem (my washing machine only stops making loud noise when I turn off power (fusebox for entire house). Otherwise it makes draining noises, non stop, even if theres absolutely nothing in the machine.

Its spooked.

flmommy

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 6:06 pm
Is there an error code? I’ve googled error codes before and been able to fix the problem.

precious

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 6:19 pm
When I pause my whirlpool machine, it also makes loud draining noises for a few minutes before unlocking the door. But you say it won't stop - for how long?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 6:37 pm
precious wrote:
When I pause my whirlpool machine, it also makes loud draining noises for a few minutes before unlocking the door. But you say it won't stop - for how long?

Noise doesnt stop period (and door being open or close doesnt change anything), until I flip the fuse switch, so theres no more power to it. Computer of machine is clearly messed up.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 7:31 pm
Call Whirlpool. You just bought it, it's under warranty, they help you troubleshoot over the phone.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 7:32 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Call Whirlpool. You just bought it, it's under warranty, they help you troubleshoot over the phone.

Yes theyre coming this week. I cant wait to hear what it is.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 10:08 pm
Update:

The night before the repair person was supposed to come, I decided to use the dryer for things I washed by hand, despite the fact that the washer would be knocking and gurgling away while its empty and "off". So I flipped the fuse switch and yes, the washer started to gurgle and knock loudly. I ignored the noise and let the dryer run.

A few minutes into this experience, the washing machine lights went on, and the noise stopped. Looks like the dryer being on, reset the washing machine's computer. I ran wash after wash, and it was working fine.

Repair person came the next morning, and said this might have happened because machine was overloaded, and the washing machine computer must have reset itself and all seems fine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics