Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Are you a toilet paper roll user or a kleenex bottom wiper
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 5:59 pm
Having this discussion with friends and wondering if you use rolled toilet paper or tissues in the bathroom.

Also if you use a cheap brand or not.
And if this is how you were brought up...

The friend and I realized that we use 2 opposite extremes, (as we were brought up) although at this point our finances are similar and neither of us would ever think of changing to anything else and were wondering about that..

Feel free to give your input

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 6:02 pm
Nice/soft/strong toilet paper during the week

Costco brand tissues that we also use for the nose on Shabbat

A lot easier to open a box of tissues then cut the toilet paper

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 6:02 pm
I don't ever buy kleenex or similar expensive brands. Unless I have a cold.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 6:03 pm
kleenex can clog the toilet. My dh only lets us put toilet paper in the toilet. We do use wipes to wipe ourselves and put it in a diaper garbage.

hodeez

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 6:04 pm
We all use baby wipes

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 6:12 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I don't ever buy kleenex or similar expensive brands. Unless I have a cold.

Throughout the winter months there is always someone in the family with a runny nose. So If I would do this I would save maybe 3 months a year.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 6:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Having this discussion with friends and wondering if you use rolled toilet paper or tissues in the bathroom.

Also if you use a cheap brand or not.
And if this is how you were brought up...

The friend and I realized that we use 2 opposite extremes, (as we were brought up) although at this point our finances are similar and neither of us would ever think of changing to anything else and were wondering about that..

Feel free to give your input

This is another one of those threads that leaves me shaking my head and wondering why on earth someone would need to know what toilet paper other people use or that they even spent time thinking about it

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 6:21 pm
Kirkland toilet paper during the week,
Either Kleenex or Kirkland brand tissues on Shabbos/Chag.-based on sales/coupons whichever is less expensive.
I am well aware that tissues are bad for the toilet, but I too bad. Ripping TP Erev Shabbos is just not going to happen. FYI, I miss the Bounty precut in the box. Also, Costco/Kirkland has great Shabbos foil. Oh, and while I am giving away all my secrets, I use cheap shower caps (10/$1at $.99 store) to cover bowels and melons when I can't rip Saran.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 6:25 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
Throughout the winter months there is always someone in the family with a runny nose. So If I would do this I would save maybe 3 months a year.

I meant that I never use it for the toilet or the likes, only if I'm having a specifically bad cold and my nose is agitated.
For us it's only septic safe toilet paper.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 6:29 pm
I use 2 ply toilet paper kleenex or wipes clog the toilet

Einikel

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 6:41 pm
Tissues not Kleenex brand

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 6:54 pm
Tissues are terrible for the septic system!! I can’t believe people use that as toilet paper

amother
White

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 7:08 pm
Only tissues
Married 15 years and never bought toilet paper
How does this info actually help you??

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 7:18 pm
Only tissues, but not Kleenex, a sturdy facial tissue.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 7:20 pm
I mainly want to know if you automatically continued using what you saw in your home as a kid, no matter if your financial situation allowed or couldn't afford different options.

This is part of a larger picture of getting used to certain needs growing up and or not letting go of frugal habits even if your finances change.

amother
White

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 7:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I mainly want to know if you automatically continued using what you saw in your home as a kid, no matter if your financial situation allowed or couldn't afford different options.

This is part of a larger picture of getting used to certain needs growing up and or not letting go of frugal habits even if your finances change.

Oh, so no...not like how I grew up at all..
My mother bought toilet paper
And tissue boxes for shabbos
I only buy tissues

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 7:22 pm
Toilet paper growing up. I don't even buy it now, cheap tissues are cheap enough for us. Too many times the kids unrolled the roll, I think.

Though I personally use non-flushable wipes (Burts Bees - in a wastebasket...sorry...) since I can't get the ones I used to buy in Shoprite (Nice & Kleen?) and I react to almost anything else.

Odelyah

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 7:22 pm
OK I'm kind of smacking myself, and thinking I don't really want to have this conversation but in spite of myself, here goes: Growing up TP was standard and tissues (which were in the bathroom anyway for noses) were used on shabbos. [Went to seminary where TP was crepe paper and we used it to blow our noses too bec no tissues] Got married and we did basically what I did in my house (TP during the week; bought cheapest tissue brand and used on shabbos) then our first baby became a toddler and was a huge climber/dumper/unroller and constantly trying to unroll the toilet paper all over the house was seriously one of his favorite activities. So eventually we got into the habit of just using tissues all the time and stopped buying TP, because they were easier to keep out of reach, and they don't roll across the floor. This habit continued for so long that we forgot about it and didn't check to see if our subsequent kids shared their big brother's talent. Until we bought our house a few years ago BH and found out the hard way that our plumbing doesn't like tissues. Only cheap 1-ply TP. So now we have gone the opposite extreme and only use TP which we have to pre-cut and save for shabbos. And our kids are big now. And they help cut the TP for shabbos.

There you have it! Very Happy

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 7:44 pm
I hate using tissues to wipe! So annoying.

We buy Charmin ultrasoft toilet paper at Costco and tear rolls of it every so often so we have plenty available for Shabbos.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 7:46 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Tissues are terrible for the septic system!! I can’t believe people use that as toilet paper

This! Surprised
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics