Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Israeli mothers- how are you?
1  2  3  4  Next

ssspectacular

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:28 am
Woke up this morning to hear about missiles in Israel. How are you faring?

banana123

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:35 am
Me, I'm just annoyed. It'll be a few sirens, kids will pee in their pants, people will be shocked and traumatized and experience PTSD for the next few years.

But in a couple days we'll cave and agree to another ceasefire after we've barely touched their arsenal but they've terrified all our civilians and messed up a week of our lives and cost us billions in damages, defense, government compensation, government-subsidized therapies - so that in another few months when they've restocked, they can go at it again, bigger and better.

They'll cry that we killed a handful of terrorists or civilians who were near terrorists and get billions in international aid, for more rockets and weapons. We'll get criticized by the world for defending our children, vilified as always, no help to cover the damage, no one will notice the Israeli victims or give a car if they do notice. If Gaza terror groups ever need a few more billion dollars all they have to do is launch rockets at Israel and they've got it along with great PR.

Sick of it.

Last edited by banana123 on Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:37 am
banana123 wrote:
Me, I'm just annoyed. It'll be a few sirens, kids will pee in their pants, people will be shocked and traumatized and experience PTSD for the next few years.

But in a couple days we'll cave and agree to another ceasefire after we've barely touched their arsenal but they've terrified all our civilians and messed up a week of our lives and cost us billions in damages, defense, government compensation, government-subsidized therapies - so that in another few months when they've restocked, they can go at it again, bigger and better.

Sick of it.

I couldn't agree more. Mad

The word "cease fire" in Arabic translates to "hang on, we're reloading.'

banana123

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:40 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I couldn't agree more. Mad

The word "cease fire" in Arabic translates to "hang on, we're reloading.'

It translates to "you're a frier."

It was during a ceasefire that we lost 2 soldiers. Who still haven't had a proper burial to this day. Ceasefire - we cease, they fire.

blessedflower

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:42 am
Hope this passed quickly. I'm worried

BadTichelDay

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:43 am
It's called "conflict management". That's what we are doing since the words "deterrence" and "victory" were removed from the official government dictionary...
It translates into Israel being a punching bag and proud of our superior self restraint... Never mind the poor folks in the south, they are citizens סוג ב anyway in the eyes of the leadership.

Last edited by BadTichelDay on Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total

banana123

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:44 am
BadTichelDay wrote:
It's called "conflict management". That's what we are doing since the words "deterrence" and "victory" were removed from the official government dictionary...

It's a long shot but I'm hoping that Bennett will actually be stupid enough - or brave enough - to do something. He's talked about it for six years, now's his chance, let's see him do it.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:46 am
blessedflower wrote:
Hope this passed quickly. I'm worried

Try not to worry too much. Have your mamad stocked with bottled water, canned foods, and a can opener. Granola bars are good to have, too. Sleeping bags in case everyone has to spend the night in there. Think of it as a camping trip, where you have to bring what you'll need.

Daven, daven, daven! Hashem is in charge. If a rocket is decreed to land on you, there's not much you can do about it except daven that the decree be annulled. If it's not meant to land on you, then you are safe.

Terrorists, by definition, want to terrorize us. The best revenge we have, is to trust in Hashem and live our lives as normally as possible.

BadTichelDay

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:49 am
banana123 wrote:
It's a long shot but I'm hoping that Bennett will actually be stupid enough - or brave enough - to do something. He's talked about it for six years, now's his chance, let's see him do it.

My best guess is that we'll hear a few nice fiery speeches or declarations from him and little else. The airforce is going to bomb a few more sand dunes in the Gaza strip and the whole thing will peter out until the next round in a few months.

banana123

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:52 am
BadTichelDay wrote:
My best guess is that we'll hear a few nice fiery speeches or declarations from him and little else. The airforce is going to bomb a few more sand dunes in the Gaza strip and the whole thing will peter out until the next round in a few months.

That's my guess too, as I wrote above.
But a girl is allowed to hope, right?

blessedflower

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 6:14 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Try not to worry too much. Have your mamad stocked with bottled water, canned foods, and a can opener. Granola bars are good to have, too. Sleeping bags in case everyone has to spend the night in there. Think of it as a camping trip, where you have to bring what you'll need.

Daven, daven, daven! Hashem is in charge. If a rocket is decreed to land on you, there's not much you can do about it except daven that the decree be annulled. If it's not meant to land on you, then you are safe.

Terrorists, by definition, want to terrorize us. The best revenge we have, is to trust in Hashem and live our lives as normally as possible.
I'm not so worried about myself... I'm worried for my friend that's finally pregnant after many years, this is so unhealthy for her now. I'm worried for my dd that was extremely scared to go out of the room last time, even just for a toilet. I'm worried for everyone. All the soldiers and their parents.
I daven for moshiach soon

gingertop

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 7:10 am
Did not hear sirens today. I'm in Jerusalem. I'm so pissed at the whole situation and nervous that everyone from Sderot to TA should be safe.
I hope everyone in affected areas are ok. Rockets are so traumatic.

I'm coping by laughing at every dumb Israeli whatsapp joke.

one of my faves:

"It's Tuesday and a day off, maybe we should have elections today"

banana123

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 7:11 am
gingertop wrote:
Did not hear sirens today. I'm in Jerusalem. I'm so pissed at the whole situation and nervous that everyone from Sderot to TA should be safe.

one of my faves:

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Ohhh that's a good one!!

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 7:18 am
gingertop wrote:

This is the best thing I've heard all week.
I'm not on whatsapp groups or anything - so please! Share your memes here! I need a good laugh!!!!

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 7:19 am
Honestly though I live in Jerusalem area too and nothing is going on. Regular day.
I am nervous that if things escalate we don't really have a government rn....

Aylat

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 7:23 am
gingertop wrote:

one of my faves:

More dumb whatsapp jokes please, I could do with some laughter therapy!

banana123

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 7:23 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Honestly though I live in Jerusalem area too and nothing is going on. Regular day.
I am nervous that if things escalate we don't really have a government rn....

We didn't have a government during the Yom Kippur War, either.

gingertop

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 7:29 am
Aylat wrote:
More dumb whatsapp jokes please, I could do with some laughter therapy!

I saw these on twitter from whatsapp:

TLV municipality opening bomb shelters. First hour 20 shekels, 7 shekels every 15 minutes Very Happy

gingertop

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 7:30 am
"Bennet at defense ministry for first time punching buttons: what does this one do?"

Aylat

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 7:33 am
gingertop wrote:
I saw these on twitter from whatsapp:

TLV municipality opening bomb shelters. First hour 20 shekels, 7 shekels every 15 minutes Very Happy

LOL
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics