Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Skirts ages 3-4 need help from Frum Oilam!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:21 am
DD age 4 (Wears 3T-4T) needs skirts for school this year. Shes my oldest.
Where on earth do people buy normal stylish skirts (to pair with black or gray tights, a top from HM or Zara and cute booties....). The skirts I bought this season look shlumpy on her. I am NOT looking for sequins, crazy summery patterns, or stiff courderouy but thats all I see at old navy, target, hm, and these places. I just want flary-ish, comfortable, not too long, solid black/blue/gray/or winter-colored skirts. It can be short, above the knee is preferable. She is in kindergarten and will wear tights underneath. Not interested in spending over 20/25 dollars bcz thats crazy. Where does the frum oilam buy from!!? Very Happy

dankbar

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:26 am
I like my dgtr that age in one pieces dresses for that reason. You can use suspenders under the sweat tops to hold up the skirts it shouldn't be shlumpy. Frum stores are best for skirts. Kidichic has skirts for cheaper than other stores.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:26 am
I got some cute ones from amazon and ali express for $7-$12. If you live in NY/NJ, Tottini had a couple of nice skirts for $18. Children's place sometimes has tiny pleated skirts and not all corduroy skirts are stiff, my dd has a great one from a department store.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:27 am
I don't get skirts for such little girls. Only dresses and jumpers. Any skirt will look messy unless you use suspenders. Even my 8 year old almost never wears a skirt.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:29 am
dankbar wrote:
I like my dgtr that age in one pieces dresses for that reason. You can use suspenders under the sweat tops to hold up the skirts it shouldn't be shlumpy. Frum stores are best for skirts. Kidichic has skirts for cheaper than other stores.

Where do you find dresses? My dd is probably a size 18-24 months and I have a really hard time finding school clothes. Smallest skirt @ Kidichic was a size 3 which is huge.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:34 am
You can find cute dresses in every department store and everywhere online. Zara, nextdirect, h&m, old navy, gap, childrens place, oshkosh/carters

sky

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:36 am
My daughter is similar she and stage.

For skirts I’d try Tottini or junee.

The corduroy or denim skirts are really the only option in non Jewish stores. Some old navy corduroy skirts I have as hand me downs are adorable.

Dresses really are best at this age. I got dresses this season mainly at H&M and old navy. The dress comes out way cheaper then 2 pieces. (Some H&M dresses were $5 total). Also On little kids I find skirts almost always look ‘shlumpy’.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:37 am
The Children’s Place! I got a few of these for my daughter, they’re adorable

https://www.childrensplace.com.....horts

(Scroll down past the denim)

my mama

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:53 am
my mama wrote:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32968349113.html?pid=808_0000_0101&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32968349113&aff_trace_key=b7b4796cbc3f4782b97ebb727670b427-1572132775822-07428-m8K6YS3A&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=6224amp-ap5apuDvFr-ZqV2gqLDXNA1573580963673

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/.....63673

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/.....63673

I got these for my daughter. They are wash and wear so that's amazing. They are not shlumpy but the knit tends to ride up. So if you're trying to have her knees covered at all times it could be a problem. But if you just need the skirt to cover her butt these are fine.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:56 am
Tottini has good cotton knit skirts in all colors.

sky

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:58 am
Tottini has lots of options now on sale. Some for $13.50.

https://tottini.com/Girls-Skirts-8/

dankbar

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:02 am
I got a black one by casual outlet in wmsbg for $8 sz 2.
I got a grey ribbed circle skirt by kidichic on sale sz 3 for $7.
The rest of her clothes are dresses

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:03 am
I actually bought school uniform skirts that are made of a jersey fabric in grey and black. They look like regular skirts but are nowhere near as expensive and last quite well. I found her h&m skirts shrank in the wash.

imamother153

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:04 am
Pastel.com has some dresses and skirts in the sale section for 24.50. They start from size 3. I haven’t bought they’re skirts but have been happy with they’re products in general.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:07 am
We have tons of skirts from carters.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:18 am
primark
vertbaudet
aliexpress

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:27 am
I only put my kid in dresses, as I find it's neater. I do have one skirt from Gymboree (last year, they closed down Sad ) I also have a denim skirt with adjustable waistband that I got online at jacadi, but it was a little over budget and I'm not super duper impressed with it.
Some of my friends swear by the Children's Place skort.

mha3484

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:40 am
Primary.com has great dresses starting in a 2T with sleeves of all lengths.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:09 am
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/pGL3fsPA

I have a few of these for my four year old. They make my daughter look really put together and neat. Size up if you don’t want it so tight.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics