Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
A reason not to go to the gym
Previous  1  2

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 8:01 pm
[quote="subby"]
daagahminayin wrote:
Maybe try a different babysitter? Some are better at calming a crying baby than others.[/quote
Does anyone know of a good babysitter next to the y? That would take f just one hour twice a week?

Does the y you go to have childcare. Mine does

subby

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 8:03 pm
Yes but she cries the entire time there

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 8:10 pm
I would just try to push myself to go at night- I wouldn't want her to cry that whole time every time

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 8:11 pm
This stage won't last forever. If you can't leave her with someone she knows well, just hold off on the gym for a month or two until she is able to handle the separation. I would not knowingly leave my baby crying the entire time I was at the gym. Some things are not avoidable; the gym is avoidable for this brief stage of her life. Definitely do get out during the day with the baby, and try to fit in exercise when you can as well.

subby

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 8:56 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
This stage won't last forever. If you can't leave her with someone she knows well, just hold off on the gym for a month or two until she is able to handle the separation. I would not knowingly leave my baby crying the entire time I was at the gym. Some things are not avoidable; the gym is avoidable for this brief stage of her life. Definitely do get out during the day with the baby, and try to fit in exercise when you can as well.

Im not so sure shell be happy in a month or two Sad what is going to change then?

subby

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 8:57 pm
Any ideas what I can do with a baby during the day? Dont want to eat out or shop

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 12:14 am
subby wrote:
Any ideas what I can do with a baby during the day? Dont want to eat out or shop

Go to a park.
Go visit friends.
Run errands.
Cook or bake.
Go visit some sick people in the hospital or some other type of chesed; people LOVE babies and kids - it will really cheer some people up.
Learn a hobby.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 1:35 am
Check out stroller strides in your area.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 1:41 am
Do you play peek-a-boo with your baby? It helps reinforce the idea that you didn't disappear off of the planet, and that you will come back even if she can't see you right now.

Hide behind the blanket for slightly longer periods of time, to stretch out her ability to wait. You can hide around corners, too. Every time you do that, she'll get a little bit more confident that she's not being abandoned.

It's like her own little work out, with slow and easy repetitions at first, building up to the big lifting of you leaving for an hour.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 1:55 am
Get weather appropriate attire and go on brisk walks or jogs in the morning. Try to go up and down hills for a better workout.

subby

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 7:06 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Do you play peek-a-boo with your baby? It helps reinforce the idea that you didn't disappear off of the planet, and that you will come back even if she can't see you right now.

Hide behind the blanket for slightly longer periods of time, to stretch out her ability to wait. You can hide around corners, too. Every time you do that, she'll get a little bit more confident that she's not being abandoned.

It's like her own little work out, with slow and easy repetitions at first, building up to the big lifting of you leaving for an hour.

Thanks I love this advice! I play peek a boo all the time but I just cover my eyes.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 8:29 am
My baby is the same age and also not used to babysitters. When I go to the gym I try to go around her nap time so when I get there I nurse her and she usually sleeps the whole time by their babysitter. We also go to Mommy and me together which is fun.

subby

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 8:30 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
My baby is the same age and also not used to babysitters. When I go to the gym I try to go around her nap time so when I get there I nurse her and she usually sleeps the whole time by their babysitter. We also go to Mommy and me together which is fun.

I would love to go to a mommy and me program! Do u live in bp?

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:00 am
subby wrote:
I would love to go to a mommy and me program! Do u live in bp? I

Yup Smile I go to the public library - baby (0-18 months) class once in a while - but it's mostly not Jewish so don't know if you'd like that. Also yeled vyaldaa mommy and me - it's fantastic but you need to be income eligibil so don't know if it would work for you. There may be others - maybe start a new thread asking Smile

ddmom

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:12 am
Just keep in mind that 9 months old is the worst age for separation anxiety!(Google it for more info!)
Babies are usually ok up to 8 months and then again after 12 months.
So if she was never out of the house with a babysitter she will have an especially hard time to separate from you now!
Does she fall asleep in her stroller? I would try during her nap!

redheaded

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:29 am
Try a different babysitter.

Schedule her nap time so that she falls asleep in stroller and doesn’t even know she’s being babysat.

subby

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:32 am
ddmom wrote:
Just keep in mind that 9 months old is the worst age for separation anxiety!(Google it for more info!)
Babies are usually ok up to 8 months and then again after 12 months.
So if she was never out of the house with a babysitter she will have an especially hard time to separate from you now!
Does she fall asleep in her stroller? I would try during her nap!

Shes sleeps well in her stroller. The issue is she wakes up when I take her out on the street. Ill try putting her to slp by the gym in her stroller well c if it’ll work

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:28 am
I go to the y too. Some days my baby cries but most days she’s fine. I think you should continue going if that’s what you want to do and she will get used to it. You are allowed one hour a day of a break. She is being cared for, she just prefers to be with you. You can play around with different times of the day to see if there’s a better time for her and having them give her a bottle or snack or something to make the experience better for her. With time she might actually enjoy it
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics