Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How do you stay on top of everything??

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 8:46 am
I used to think I was a fairly organized person but lately I'm not.
I can't seem to stay away from the grocery store, we're always missing something.
I need to be cooking 2 meals a day, 1 fleishig and 1 parve or dairy and I can't stay ontop of my game.
I'm a SAHM with 4 children under 6.
Any tips? Tricks? Advice??

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 8:51 am
Wow. Youre staying on top of 4 children! Take some credit!
I have a white board with a marker hanging jn my kitchen. Makes for easy jotting down when I see we are low on something

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 8:58 am
Anyone would be overwhelmed cooking so many meals for so many people every single day! You're doing great - most people are constantly re-ordering from the grocery.
If it makes it easier for you, you can make a full weekly menu and make a shopping list based on that.
Something like this. Also keep backups at home so you have stuff to make even if you run out.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....74779
Keep a shopping list on the fridge and every time an food item looks low, add it so you can remember to replenish next time you're at the store.

mha3484

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:29 am
Your amazing. I have 4 kids but my oldest is 9 not 6. I am not by nature the most organized. Thank you ADHD so to compensate I use a lot of lists and systems. There is a blog called a slob comes clean that taught me a lot about setting a cleaning schedule for myself.

For meals, I started meal prepping when my baby was born last spring. Its been a massive help to me to go to bed Sunday night knowing that I dont have to think about dinner until Thursday. I failed at my own version of plan meals, making shopping list, cook in advance. I realized I just dont have the executive functioning skills so I pay for that from a woman called Prep and Rally but if your not me you can totally do it yourself with cookbooks and recipes from the internet. I just could not so I went with the easier option.

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:45 am
You COOK 2 meals a day? You work too hard. Tuna/peanut butter/sliced cheese/ cottage cheese on toast/roll/bagel and half a bell pepper or tomato with a glass of milk is a fine weekday lunch.

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:46 am
You COOK 2 meals a day? You work too hard. Tuna/peanut butter/sliced cheese/ cottage cheese on toast/roll/bagel and half a bell pepper or tomato with a glass of milk is a fine weekday lunch.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 12:02 pm
zaq wrote:

I agree. I cook once a day, for dinner. We eat sandwiches, yogurts, ready hard boiled eggs and fruits & veggies for breakfast and lunch. It would be so hard for me to cook full meals 2x a day and have everybody rely on me for that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics