Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Have you ever rented a car from Fox or Ace?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:50 am
For an upcoming vacation, their rentals are much cheaper than the other rental companies but that makes me a little nervous. Have you ever rented from them before? Thank you.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 12:40 pm
I rented from fox near FLL and had a good experience.

doctorima

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 2:55 pm
No personal experience, but whenever we've looked into renting off-brands with really cheap rates, we've been scared off by the reviews. You usually get what you pay for. It also doesn't help if someone had good experience with one of their branches. Check TripAdvisor and Yelp for the location you're considering renting from, and more likely than not, you'll see so many terror stories that you'll run far away.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 3:29 pm
Renting from Fox at LAX was the worst car rental experience I've ever had. The car was dirty and looked worn when I rented it. Plus, the front bumper and the driver's rear view mirror fell off (at different times) when I was driving down the expressway.

As if that wasn't bad enough, I missed my flight out because of the line of cars and people trying to return their rentals. If you're flying into LAX, rent from anyone except Fox!

Amother because I've told this story to people.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 7:53 pm
Yes I’ve rented from both.
It all depends on the location but I found that usually the cheaper rentals are off site which means a shuttle to the car rental from the airport.

Best is to google the rental company and location and read reviews on that specific place.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics