Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Lace front problem

Jstar

Post Sat, Nov 09 2019, 8:15 pm
My lace is so noticeable! And the whole point of a lace front is to have a natural looking hairline. I have asked the sheitel macher herself to cut it - she said no because cutting a lace shorter will make it start to curl and not lay flat.

So what do I do?? I clearly see the lace going across the whole hairline! Yes baby hairs are already there.

If you have a lace front, can you comment on how visible your lace is? Or an advice. Thanks.

happinessseeker

Post Sat, Nov 09 2019, 9:26 pm
Are you wearing it in the right place? I find the placement of the lace makes all the difference.

eileengray

Post Sat, Nov 09 2019, 10:37 pm
Do you wear make-up? Lace fronts are usually pretty obvious without make-up to blend the lines.

PP31419

Post Sat, Nov 09 2019, 11:12 pm
Married for 8 months and have the same problem as OP. I don’t want to have to wear makeup to make my lace work. I tuck it under sometimes but it’s not ideal

PassionFruit

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 5:07 am
Dont relate at all my lace looks awesome. What skin tone are you, maybe that makes a diff? Maybe you need more baby hair?

applesbananas

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 5:29 am
If the hair on your lace is dark then youre not alone! A lot of people have the same problem. The knots are less noticeable on blondes. The best thing to do is to part your lace and tweeze the part till it can clearly be split with no hair in the center where the part is. Then the hair on either side will cover the knots and the center is clear so np knots are noticeable. Hope im explaining myself well...

Flip Flops

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 7:40 am
I can honestly say that 75% of lace fronts that I've seen look awful. On many, you can see where the lace and the wig meet, and on others you see where the lace lays on the forehead. I didn't get a lace front for this reason. They just don't always look good. I would suggest you remove it entirely and either just forget about it or go to someone else to redo it.

rgh

Post Sun, Nov 10 2019, 8:15 am
applesbananas wrote:
If the hair on your lace is dark then youre not alone! A lot of people have the same problem. The knots are less noticeable on blondes. The best thing to do is to part your lace and tweeze the part till it can clearly be split with no hair in the center where the part is. Then the hair on either side will cover the knots and the center is clear so np knots are noticeable. Hope im explaining myself well...

Can you elaborate? I've heard this technique but I'm afraid to try it. Does it mean that you can't change the part? Also can this be done with a lace top?

Jstar

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 3:29 pm
applesbananas wrote:

Thank you so much but this isn't my problem. The part is great and there are no visible knots anywhere. Its actually a high end sheitel. The problem is the lace is so clearly visible on my forehead. I am really careful with placement. the haircolor is medium brown. My skin color is a few shades lighter than the lace. Another problem is the hair (mine and the wigs) is always getting caught in the lace.

Thanks for any suggestions.

aliavi

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 4:50 pm
The lace without hair can be cut with super sharp scissors in a zig zag pattern. On the section near the ears you can put in the slightest cut if the lace is too tight and curling.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:33 am
hi. you can very noticeablly see where the wig ends and where the lace front starts. is this how its supposed to look? I hate it Sad I couldnt not get a lace front wig bc of my hairline...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels