Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Are you a toilet paper roll user or a kleenex bottom wiper
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 7:08 am
madys wrote:
After having too many sewer back ups in our basement - only toilet paper goes in the toilet.

I don't mean to sound like a bidet salesman, but reducing the amount of toilet paper used helps prevent sewer backups.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 7:14 am
I love Israel. You can buy packages of smaller tissues for Shabbos, that won't clog the toilet like regular Kleenex can.

I recently discovered 3 ply toilet paper, and now I can't use anything else. I use way less of it, and it lasts way longer. It may cost a drop more, but in the long run it's still more affordable than always buying the cheap stuff.

When I really need to, I use "flushable" wipes. Yeah, I know, they're the spawn of the devil, but I try to keep the usage to a minimum.

Odelyah

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:45 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
If someone grows up using something that give a certain feeling of coverage and cleanliness, I think it is very difficult to go backwards. You always feel dirty. You may find yourself using way more of the less sturdy product to try to achieve the same feel, and therefore not save money. If you're trying to accommodate a septic system, then OK, only toilet paper, but deal with using more amd needing a certain quality. And if you really can't afford it, and the person has to downgrade in quality, fully expect them to complain.

I don't understand the premise about comparative quality, downgrading, etc. It's just apples and oranges, with one being standard, and one not. Both TP and tissues have different types, ranging from expensive, soft and luxurious name brands to basic economy brands.. is it really more expensive to use cheap tissues than fancy TP? I have no idea.. Confused But someone who is used to regular TP wouldn't aspire to using tissues or view it as an upgrade. My MIL (who is used to nice things) thought it was weird all those years we were using tissues but she got used to it..

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:01 am
Always eye-opening here on Imamother. I had no idea people used tissues to wipe 7 days a week. Or that whole families were using diaper wipes.
We use a decent brand of toilet paper and cut it for shabbos. It's not much work. We keep a sharp knife just for this task that easily slices through the whole roll.
Tissues would destroy our plumming. Wipes even worse.

Librarian

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 4:13 pm
Tissues only. Roll of toilet paper just for show. Walmart brand Great Value tissues are cheap, pretty box and almost as soft as Kleenex.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 4:44 pm
We recently went on a trip to a European country. I got a cold and my biggest complaint was the cheap tissues. I noticed most homes had them too. Now I know it’s likely the plumbing.

Kleenex TP and Kleenex box on Shabbos for us.

penguin

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:36 pm
Best part of this thread was discovering John Pinnette. We should probably have a thread with links to all the great clean comedians (Jeannie Robertson, Mary Maxwell...)

singleagain

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 5:38 pm
penguin wrote:
Best part of this thread was discovering John Pinnette. We should probably have a thread with links to all the great clean comedians (Jeannie Robertson, Mary Maxwell...)

Omg.. you totally should look up the rest o of John pinette. He is hysterical! And yes very clean.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics