Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Toivel appliances

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:21 pm
For those of you that hold that appliances need to be toiveled (if you don't hold this way, please do not offer your opinion on this thread), how long after toiveling a panini press would you use it? It's my first time and I'm terrified to plug it in even though it looks dry, I toiveled Sunday.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:28 pm
3 days should be sufficient. If you are worried, you can blow dry it for a little while. But really, 72 hours is enough.
Hatzlacha!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:29 pm
A blow dryer sounds like a great idea! Do I need to worry about the closed up wiring part on the bottom or just the place where it's exposed in the back?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:31 pm
I really wouldn't worry. We've toiveled quite a few appliances, and 3 days was more than plenty. If we needed sooner, we did the blow dryer, but when I say we, I really mean other people in my house so no personal experience Tongue Out

My rav has also mentioned in shiurim on tevilla that he has never had an appliance have an issue if it aired out for 3 days.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics