Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What's for supper tonight? Annon OK :-)
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 4:50 am
I cant post on the non annon supper tonight. I feel it was disfunctional. What's this cake grabing instead of proper food.
I had to be out late it happens once in a very long time. DH was really nice . Did not complain, later even said a warm word and was very nice. BH!
Food? I left beautifull mini chicken sliders and ready shlishkes. Raw tilapia. Cold cuts. Took out of the freezer frozen vegies. Nobody touched. I left shliskes nobody touched. Teenager 1 got from father 10 and bought sushi. DH ate his best: easy dairy. Teanager 2 ate cake! Cake???? I warmed up real food chicken from day before cooked yummy and still soft.Teenage 2 wants it. Its late to eat supper but if teenager 2 had cake before now is supper time. I had chicken sliders and leftovers yummy chicken. Im concerned that Im eating way past 8 and had supper at work. Overeating! No one touched shlishkes. Raw tilapia still sitting there. Nobody cut a fresh salad or at least some tomatoes while I was out. I didnt cut at 9:30 pm. Can't they take care of themselves if I'm out once? They are all past driving age! LOL

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 5:20 am
Im spicing now the frozen vegies that I left for them in refrigerator for yesterday. I even forgot I had them there for them to "make". I'm putting in a pot "making" it now. I don't have major plans for today but dont want people grabing cake!

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 9:50 am
Tomato soup from can of crushed tomato and onion+ tomato paste

Frozen corn shnitzels

Yes sometimes I feel the regular thread is way too fancy and unrealistic for me!!!!!!!!!

And for now it is just me and DH, we are still pretty much newlyweds, love to feed him but feel like it's a bad plan to try to be superwoman......I also have a chronic illness so even if I wanted to, it would be really hard to be so gourmet every night

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 9:57 am
We’re invited out tonight, a hakarat ha tov Dinner.
But last night was scrambled eggs and Israeli salad, put together from leftover diced veggies, from Shabbat.
I’m sure DH will want to eat something at around 3/4ish
I took out some chicken to defrost, but he may want just some scrambled eggs with cheese

essie14

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 10:40 am
Leftover chicken from last night.
Fresh roasted cauliflower

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 10:43 am
I invented meatball falafals. I had leftover meatballs from Monday so I bought fresh pitas, spread chumus, added the preheated balls and some Israeli salad. And guess what? It was yummy! I would make it again, on purpose..

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 10:43 am
My sis always serves Sunday fish from Shabbas ,Monday bread eggs salad..& Tuesday chulent -Wednesday she actually makes supper & Thursday it’s chulent & kugel again;)

Chayalle

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 11:15 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I invented meatball falafals. I had leftover meatballs from Monday so I bought fresh pitas, spread chumus, added the preheated balls and some Israeli salad. And guess what? It was yummy! I would make it again, on purpose..

Yum! But I hate to burst your bubble....I have made this in the past! You can also stuff some french fries in there with the meatballs.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 12:05 pm
Tuna patties- will put in a parchment paper on griddle so it’s a no mess dinner. Salad and either mashed potatoes or pasta. My kids are not big on eating sides and I also hVe a squash soup which I’ll reheat if kids will be in mood

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 12:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I cant post on the non annon supper tonight. I feel it was disfunctional. What's this cake grabing instead of proper food.
I had to be out late it happens once in a very long time. DH was really nice . Did not complain, later even said a warm word and was very nice. BH!
Food? I left beautifull mini chicken sliders and ready shlishkes. Raw tilapia. Cold cuts. Took out of the freezer frozen vegies. Nobody touched. I left shliskes nobody touched. Teenager 1 got from father 10 and bought sushi. DH ate his best: easy dairy. Teanager 2 ate cake! Cake???? I warmed up real food chicken from day before cooked yummy and still soft.Teenage 2 wants it. Its late to eat supper but if teenager 2 had cake before now is supper time. I had chicken sliders and leftovers yummy chicken. Im concerned that Im eating way past 8 and had supper at work. Overeating! No one touched shlishkes. Raw tilapia still sitting there. Nobody cut a fresh salad or at least some tomatoes while I was out. I didnt cut at 9:30 pm. Can't they take care of themselves if I'm out once? They are all past driving age! LOL

Do you live in my house?

mha3484

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 12:11 pm
Yesterday was a horrible day and I found out that some workmen fixing my house had unplugged my fridge so dinner for the kids was fish sticks and near east cous cous.

I really needed to do something nicer for self since I was in an awful mood so for DH and I I made beyond meat sausages with caramelized onions and the same couscous. Those were delicious. I hate cutting onions but it was so worth it.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 12:16 pm
Guys, calm down...
We’re having bagels and butter
Or grilled cheese
If I get around to eat I’ll cook some chicken with potatoes for dh... otherwise he’ll eat a bagel too!

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 12:20 pm
Cheese blintzes & Bruschetta

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 12:39 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Guys, calm down...
We’re having bagels and butter
Or grilled cheese
If I get around to eat I’ll cook some chicken with potatoes for dh... otherwise he’ll eat a bagel too!

Yum
I miss a good chewy bagel
I eat low carb

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 12:42 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Yesterday was a horrible day and I found out that some workmen fixing my house had unplugged my fridge so dinner for the kids was fish sticks and near east cous cous.

I really needed to do something nicer for self since I was in an awful mood so for DH and I I made beyond meat sausages with caramelized onions and the same couscous. Those were delicious. I hate cutting onions but it was so worth it.

Get onion glasses. They work.

icebreaker

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 12:51 pm
Homemade ramen. Probably won't taste anything like it should, but it fills us up and perfect for this freezing day.

Flip Flops

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 1:16 pm
Op, you sound like my mother!
I would eat sour sticks for supper if my husband wouldn't be there to make sure I eat healthy (yeah, he took over my mom's job LOL )

Tzivia18

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 2:50 pm
No idea what to do. We had chicken on sun, chicken wraps on monday, yesterday was chicken mushroom barley soup.. too much chicken!!! Thinking of making lasagna or mac and cheese. No patience!! I just want a donut😂

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 2:59 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

I do this often but more lazy. I don’t even bother turning the meat into meatballs. I sauté the meat crumbled up with onion and serve in stuffed in pita with Tehina and Israeli salad (with some added diced sour pickles)

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 3:00 pm
Potato salad. I'm too tired to cook.

One of the advantages of being single, is you can just grab whatever out of the fridge, and call it dinner.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics