Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Need ideas for overnight vacation leaving from Westchester

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 9:30 am
thank you

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:13 am
What sort of activities do you like to do?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:15 am
museums
walks

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 10:42 am
Obvious suggestion is Manhattan

doctorima

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:54 am
Assuming you want to get away from NYC, my vote would be for Boston. There's lots of cool history and museums there, plus you can walk the Freedom Trail. There's also several kosher restaurants to make food easier, and it's only a few hours from Westchester. If you want someplace closer, you could try Philly.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 12:26 pm
Thank you

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:22 pm
doctorima wrote:
Assuming you want to get away from NYC, my vote would be for Boston. There's lots of cool history and museums there, plus you can walk the Freedom Trail. There's also several kosher restaurants to make food easier, and it's only a few hours from Westchester. If you want someplace closer, you could try Philly.
not op- but curious about Boston in the cold- interesting?

West End Tova

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 5:09 am
Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut has museums and a lovely campus. Chabad on campus, also Slifka Center.

doctorima

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 7:20 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
not op- but curious about Boston in the cold- interesting?

OP didn't say when she's going, and she asked for an overnight trip from Westchester. Anywhere you can drive within that relatively small radius is going to have a similar climate to NYC, which is cold in the winter. Yes, Boston has a reputation for lots of snow, but I don't think it's fundamentally significantly colder than NYC, I.e. it's not Chicago.

Additionally, a number of Boston attractions are indoors - wonderful science museum, cute aquarium, great children's museum with adjacent Boston Tea Party reenactment ship, and most have onsite parking garages. I probably wouldn't walk the whole Freedom Trail on a cold winter day, but if you bring the same clothes you would have worn that day in NYC, there's no reason why you can't enjoy Boston just the same.

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 7:26 am
doctorima wrote:
OP didn't say when she's going, and she asked for an overnight trip from Westchester. Anywhere you can drive within that relatively small radius is going to have a similar climate to NYC, which is cold in the winter. Yes, Boston has a reputation for lots of snow, but I don't think it's fundamentally significantly colder than NYC, I.e. it's not Chicago.

Additionally, a number of Boston attractions are indoors - wonderful science museum, cute aquarium, great children's museum with adjacent Boston Tea Party reenactment ship, and most have onsite parking garages. I probably wouldn't walk the whole Freedom Trail on a cold winter day, but if you bring the same clothes you would have worn that day in NYC, there's no reason why you can't enjoy Boston just the same.

Boston is snowier and colder on average than NYC but not significantly so.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 7:57 am
Thanks doctorima . We’re going to be spending an extended weekend there in a nonth or 2 for appts so was thinking how we’ll occupy ourselves between...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 9:17 am
boston has museums
use groupon

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 20 2019, 4:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
boston has museums
use groupon
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries