Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Need easy ideas of what to send to simchas

LO

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 11:09 am
Hi! I need easy and presentable desserts that I can freeze and send to simchos. Any ideas?

Flip Flops

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 11:11 am
I don't know what you'd classify as easy, but I find cannolies, mousse cups, nice bars etc. are very easy and nice to send.

LO

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 11:15 am
Can I freeze mousse cups? Also, can you post the recipe and directions? Thanks!

Flip Flops

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 11:23 am
Mousse cups can be frozen. I don't have the recipe right now, but it's really a matter of baking a cake (basic brownie or chocolate) creating a mousse (whip with whatever flavoring - melted chocolate or pb) and layering it in the mousse cups.

LO

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 12:10 pm
Thanks! Anyone else?

rgh

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 12:25 pm
make lotus mouse:

layer 1: Crumbs-crush lotus cookies, mix with some melted lotus put on bottom of mousse cups
layer 2: lotus mousse-Beat 2 whips, add a 3/4 container jar of lotus, pipe into cups.
layer 3: melt even amounts of good quality chocolate and unwhipped whip, pour on top of mouse.
layer 4: beat a whip with a package of vanilla pudding. Pipe on top of chocolate.
layer 5: melt some lotus and pipe on top of the whip in a squiggle.

I know it sounds complicated but it really doesn't take that long. Use pipping bags for all the layers or a big ziploc bag with the corner cut off.

also you can decorate the top however you want, sometimes I pipe flowers with the star tip with layer 4.
tastes yum, freezes beautifully.

devorah1231

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 12:48 pm
I'm not a fancy person - I'd make a nice bundt and ice it fresh, or delicious cookies

LO

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 12:56 pm
I would love to do mini muffins of some sort, or a more creative cookie than my standard chocolate chip....Any ideas?

devorah1231

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 1:01 pm
LO wrote:
I would love to do mini muffins of some sort, or a more creative cookie than my standard chocolate chip....Any ideas?

I've seen these cookies where you buy half circle cookies, and glue them together with melted chocolate to form a baby carriage, with little flower cookies for the wheels. Colored sugar or icing can make mini muffins fancy pretty quickly.

MiriFr

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 2:23 pm
Super pretty- just make duncan Heinz brownies, cut into bars 2" x 3", stick onto a small popsicle stick, dip into melted chocolate chips, and sprinkle Maldon sea salt on top.

sky

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 2:37 pm
Brownies in mini cupcake cups with 1 nut in top.

Biscotti or cookie bars cut into sticks. Melt choc chips on top (stuck in oven with chips). Sprinkle with nuts. Dollar store sells metal trays they look nice on there. Or stick standing up in square vase.
This recipe is the easiest for it - http://www.cookkosher.com/inde.....d=991
Bake in log. Stick back in oven with choc chips on top. When melt smear. Sprinkle with nuts. Cut into sticks.

I also like to buy inexpensive blankets at Marshall’s or tj maxx and send instead wrapped pretty for baby. It always seems to be very appreciated.

nw11

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 2:48 pm
I know you asked for freezable ideas, but I find that davka non freezables are the most welcome. Either salad (just a bit more of what I'm anyway making) or veggie/fruit platter or fruit cups are not what most people send and are hugely appreciated. I know it takes a bit of time to do, but the cleanup is minimal (think chopping board and knife as opposed to a bulky mixer).

If it absolutely has to be freezable I'd send pinwheel lox sandwiches. It's not a dessert but maybe because it's a change from the regular sweet stuff, people love it.

sky

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 10:01 pm
nw11 wrote:
I know you asked for freezable ideas, but I find that davka non freezables are the most welcome. Either salad (just a bit more of what I'm anyway making) or veggie/fruit platter or fruit cups are not what most people send and are hugely appreciated. I know it takes a bit of time to do, but the cleanup is minimal (think chopping board and knife as opposed to a bulky mixer).

If it absolutely has to be freezable I'd send pinwheel lox sandwiches. It's not a dessert but maybe because it's a change from the regular sweet stuff, people love it.

Yes - salads. Always so appreciated. And not hard.
Lettuce. Cherry tomatoes. Kirbies. Purple cabbage. Chips. Dressing.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 8:20 am
I was going to suggest bundt cake too. With a nice glaze, or in a fancy mold.

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 9:12 am
Chocolate chip sticks are easy to make and freeze. I also use the same base and add in orange zest and dried cherries or cranberries for a different flavor. If you want to be really fancy you can dip half in chocolate or white chocolate. Make a bunch of each and freeze. Buy some nice boxes at an Amazing Savings or similar type of place that you can stand the sticks up in vertically and wrap nicely to send to the simcha.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins