Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Chesed Fund for FranticFrummie - Update page 12 :)
  Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 10  11  12  Next

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 8:37 pm
https://app.thechesedfund.com/.....icted

OK, this link is working.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 9:31 am
I sent some Yizkor money your way this morning.
I think my mother would have liked you.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 11:10 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I sent some Yizkor money your way this morning.
I think my mother would have liked you.

Thank you, that means a lot.

Sadly, the apartment owners changed their minds. They only want a couple to rent, not a single. The didn't tell me why, even though I asked directly.

I'm a quiet, older person who doesn't want drama. You'd think I'd be the perfect person for a small apartment.

I just don't understand, and I am SO sad right now. Crying

I know it just wasn't bashert, but I'm still really disappointed, and back to square one.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 11:20 am
They probably became worried about how you will cover your rent without a steady income...
Maybe you can try to raise one years worth rent for the future so it won’t happen again.
A little strange that they told you this after you already signed the lease...
Hopefully you will find something as nice and even cheaper!!

singleagain

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 11:21 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Thank you, that means a lot.

Sadly, the apartment owners changed their minds. They only want a couple to rent, not a single. The didn't tell me why, even though I asked directly.

I'm a quiet, older person who doesn't want drama. You'd think I'd be the perfect person for a small apartment.

I just don't understand, and I am SO sad right now. Crying

I know it just wasn't bashert, but I'm still really disappointed, and back to square one.

Are they allowed too discriminate like that? Bizzar. I'm so sorry. That sucks so much.

Mamushka

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 11:27 am
I didn't read everything, but if you signed a contract, they have to respect it.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 12:33 pm
Mamushka wrote:
I didn't read everything, but if you signed a contract, they have to respect it.

I didn't actually sign the lease, I was going over to sign it this evening.

I did find out from the agent what the problem was. The wife didn't want anyone who was divorced to be around her kids. "Having a man" makes me a legitimate person. Confused It's legal to discriminate when it's a private home that is being rented out.

There are also entire neighborhoods where you can't get an apartment unless you have references from your rabbi, and then you have to go before the homeowner's board to be approved (Charedi neighborhoods.) The prices on these apartments are extremely low, and they only accept people who will be just like them. I guess that's legal too, because it happens all over Israel.

There's a reason why all the Ethiopians are gathered together in one neighborhood. No one else will rent to them.

Now I have to find a place that accepts divorced people who have a dog. Banging head

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 12:56 pm
FF, why on earth are you looking in a charediville????

There are billions of places that will accept a divorced person with a dog. Where divorced isnt an issue at all.

Why Beit Shemesh?????

I will add that landlords are wary of renting to people without a steady income, and without arevim. Do you have guarantors with תלושי משכורת? Because IME, that is the true challenge when renting.

But divorced? Never visited your city, and this isnt making me want to.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 2:21 pm
I moved here to be around more Anglos, and hopefully to find a school for DD where the kids would be more likely to speak English. There are many English shirum for women as well. I have good doctors here. I finally figured out how to get around on the busses, and where everything is.

Not all of Beit Shemesh is ultra Orthodox, and some of them are very good friends of mine now. (BT's who don't have an issue with me being a BT with a dog.)

I'm totally willing to look outside of Aleph, as long as I can find people who will get along with me. I can get along with just about anybody.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 2:32 pm
FF, I know that there is a whole community of single mothers in rbs, so Im sure that divorced women are living all over aleph.
Im so sorry to hear that people discriminate that way.
I hope you find an apartment quickly and smoothly. And I know people have pets as well. You just have to find the right area. Wishing you lots of luck.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 6:13 am
I just heard back from the owner, and he talked some sense into his wife. She wants me to rent month to month, and if there are no problems after one year, she'll give me long term lease. I agreed. Whatever she wants. I'll even bake her a cake.

Hashem really knows how to test my emuna!

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 6:41 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I didn't actually sign the lease, I was going over to sign it this evening.

I did find out from the agent what the problem was. The wife didn't want anyone who was divorced to be around her kids. "Having a man" makes me a legitimate person. Confused It's legal to discriminate when it's a private home that is being rented out.

There are also entire neighborhoods where you can't get an apartment unless you have references from your rabbi, and then you have to go before the homeowner's board to be approved (Charedi neighborhoods.) The prices on these apartments are extremely low, and they only accept people who will be just like them. I guess that's legal too, because it happens all over Israel.

There's a reason why all the Ethiopians are gathered together in one neighborhood. No one else will rent to them.

Now I have to find a place that accepts divorced people who have a dog. Banging head

I think it's more because couples are usually more stable financially. When we were apartment-hunting last time we were asked by owners where we each work. They don't want to rent to people who might require a lawyer to get money out of.

etky

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 6:43 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I just heard back from the owner, and he talked some sense into his wife. She wants me to rent month to month, and if there are no problems after one year, she'll give me long term lease. I agreed. Whatever she wants. I'll even bake her a cake.

Hashem really knows how to test my emuna!

Actually, that would make me a little wary.
She sounds like the type who might wake up one morning and decide she wants you to move for whatever capricious reason that just struck her.
And then you're stuck yet with another move....

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 6:52 am
etky wrote:
Actually, that would make me a little wary.
She sounds like the type who might wake up one morning and decide she wants you to move for whatever capricious reason that just struck her.
And then you're stuck yet with another move....

I doubt it. Once a person is moved in, it's nearly impossible to get them to move out. Israeli law is definitely on the side of the tenant, unless blatantly illegal activity is going on. Even then, it takes a court order to evict someone.

Besides, the husband really likes me, and pushed to get me in. They had interviewed a few couples yesterday, and the wife didn't like any of them, so he told her to think about me again.

lavenderchimes

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 7:34 am
What a roller coaster! b'e"h it will work out great at this place:)

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 8:39 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I doubt it. Once a person is moved in, it's nearly impossible to get them to move out. Israeli law is definitely on the side of the tenant, unless blatantly illegal activity is going on. Even then, it takes a court order to evict someone.

Besides, the husband really likes me, and pushed to get me in. They had interviewed a few couples yesterday, and the wife didn't like any of them, so he told her to think about me again.

Can they evict a month to month tenant?

jflower

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 9:04 am
FF, I'm so glad to hear about the apartment. It sounds lovely!

chefmama

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 9:25 am
I don't know a lot about your situation, Israeli law etc, but can they legally have you rent month to month? I mean, if the understanding is month to month, can they then legally say after xx amount of months: ok, thanks ma'am, it's now time to leave?
I'm so sad reading about this. BzH things will smooth over and you'll be in a safe, long term place. Lots of hugs.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 11:44 am
https://app.thechesedfund.com/.....icted

Updated info, and now with a PICTURE! You can finally put a face to the screen name. Lady

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 11:53 am
Pretty
Page 7 of 12   Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 10  11  12  Next Recent Topics