Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Beachfront with private pool
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 10:33 am
Anyone know of a setup of a beachfront hotel room with a private pool?

Looking to go somewhere warm in the winter. I don't want to rent the villas that are advertised everywhere, because as far as I know, they are not beachfront.

Anyone went somewhere nice like this?

I feel like it's such a waste to go away and then not be able to actually swim, yet I really enjoy sitting at the beach......

doctorima

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 11:13 am
They exist, but they're not cheap. What's your nightly budget for lodging, how far are you willing to fly? Does it have to be in the US?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 11:25 am
Bahamas?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 11:26 am
Right now, I'm exploring my options, so I would like to hear what's available. If it's very expensive, I would consider doing only a night or 2 and then switching to a regular hotel.

I would love to keep it within the US.

Thanks!

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 12:16 pm
Banyan tree in Mexico is beachfront and has a private pool in the rooms

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 12:49 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

Wow! Is this anywhere near the Jewish community for minyanim?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 2:04 pm
Vrbo or homeaway should have options.
Look in ft lauderdale, Miami, boca, Jacksonville.

Most will have at least 2 night minimum.

I’m assuming it will be pricey.
Why not get the pool and then take Uber to the beach. Would come out much cheaper.

Plus wouldn’t have issue of ppl walking by all day in beach clothing.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 5:40 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

I've heard about it and it sounds amazing, but I'm afraid to go to Mexico Can't Believe It

Anything like that setup in the US?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 5:43 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Vrbo or homeaway should have options.
Look in ft lauderdale, Miami, boca, Jacksonville.

Most will have at least 2 night minimum.

I’m assuming it will be pricey.
Why not get the pool and then take Uber to the beach. Would come out much cheaper.

Plus wouldn’t have issue of ppl walking by all day in beach clothing.

Thanks! I get overwhelmed looking at those sights. I'm not sure what I'm looking at, where it is, what the neighborhood is like, etc. I would take a recomendation of a specific house that I know someone stayed in and it worked out well for them.

Taking an uber to the beach is an alternative, but first I'm trying to find the full package. Pool and beachfront.... a girl can dream.....

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 5:48 pm
Banyan tree in Cancun's beach is not very nice. The beach front casitas are not too private and ppl on the beach can see into your pool. The non-beach front casitas are completely private. Look into Eleuthera in the Bahamas. You can rent a villa on the beach some have pools. The Bamboo Villas in Tulemar resort in Costa Rica have small pools. They have ocean views and you can walk down to their private beach which is usually deserted. Also, that area of Costa Rica has stunning weather in the winter. The Bahamas are like Florida and with Cancun you can also be unlucky in the winter.

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 5:55 pm
Sayle Point house in Eleuthera is has pool and private beach front

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 6:02 pm
Thanks librarian! I will start looking those places up!

Which of them is my best bet in terms of safety of location, kosher food?

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 6:11 pm
Cancun has kosher restaurant that will deliver to Banyan Tree (except when they don't want to). Eleuthera bring your own. In Costa Rica when you land in San Jose airport you can stop at the kosher restaurant and pick up your pre-ordered food and bring it with you to the villa. Cancun has had some major safety issues but Banyan Tree is in a gated and guarded area called Mayakoba. Eleuthera is very safe. In Costa Rica the Bamboo Villas are in a resort called Tulemar which should also be quite safe. Banyan Tree is about 40 minutes from the Cancun airport. Tulemar is about 2 1/2 - 3 hours from San Jose airport but gorgeous scenic drive. Sayle Point House in Eleuthera depends which airport you land in - so half hour to 1 hr away.

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 6:18 pm
Just check if the usual weather patterns satisfy you. If you only will be happy with 80+ sunny weather Costa Rica is your best bet. Or Aruba which has private pool villas but I doubt anything on the beach. Jamaica also has perfect weather in the winter but not safe. You would have to stay in a resort hotel that has rooms with private pool. I know they have them there but don't know any specifics.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 6:19 pm
Librarian wrote:
Cancun has kosher restaurant that will deliver to Banyan Tree (except when they don't want to). Eleuthera bring your own. In Costa Rica when you land in San Jose airport you can stop at the kosher restaurant and pick up your pre-ordered food and bring it with you to the villa. Cancun has had some major safety issues but Banyan Tree is in a gated and guarded area called Mayakoba. Eleuthera is very safe. In Costa Rica the Bamboo Villas are in a resort called Tulemar which should also be quite safe. Banyan Tree is about 40 minutes from the Cancun airport. Tulemar is about 2 1/2 - 3 hours from San Jose airport but gorgeous scenic drive. Sayle Point House in Eleuthera depends which airport you land in - so half hour to 1 hr away.

Thanks librarian, you are being so helpful! I looked up the style point house. It is so cool, but I'm not so brave to be so secluded. I think what I'm really looking for is something private within a resort.

Pretty much what you are saying about the other places, but I'm still afraid of Mexico and don't want to travel 2.5 hours from an airport.

I know it's a tall order, but I'm really hoping to find out about such a setup in a "normal " location.

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 6:22 pm
Cancun and Eleuthera are usually 70+. May rain a little in Cancun

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 6:29 pm
If you are afraid of Mexico then Jamaica is surely off the list. I think you may have to forgo the beachfront and Uber to a beach. And be okay that anything on the US mainland can have disappointing weather in the winter.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 6:31 pm
Librarian wrote:
If you are afraid of Mexico then Jamaica is surely off the list. I think you may have to forgo the beachfront and Uber to a beach. And be okay that anything on the US mainland can have disappointing weather in the winter.

I would be willing to take a chance on the weather, if I could find a good setup.

Thanks for your help! It sounds like you've been to some beautiful places!

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 6:37 pm
I have a severe case of wanderlust. And we love the ocean but tznius requirements are a challenge. Luckily my husband and I are happy with canned tuna and packaged deli so we can go off the beaten track...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 6:45 pm
Librarian wrote:
I have a severe case of wanderlust. And we love the ocean but tznius requirements are a challenge. Luckily my husband and I are happy with canned tuna and packaged deli so we can go off the beaten track...

We are just starting to set out into the world as our children are getting older bh. We discovered that we love beaches, but are also held back by tznius concerns. Not so great about the packaged food, but we can learn lol!

So as you come across new places, please come back here and share!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics