Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Who do Brooklyn sheitelmachers use for wig repairs?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 2:20 pm
Recently I’ve given wigs to two different Brooklyn sheitelmachers for various repairs. Both times when I inquired I was told that the repairs are sent out and not done in-house. It also seemed that the sheitelmachers were reluctant to disclose who they use. I’m assuming that they charge more than the repair lady charges and get a cut from the cost of the repair. Thing is, repairs are expensive and I’d love to go to the wig repair person directly! Any idea who they use?

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 2:26 pm
I'm not a sheital macher but I know Mila's does repairs in-house, on 16th and 50th. I used them and was very happy. They are reasonable in my experience.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 2:26 pm
Mine uses Etty

cnc

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 4:36 pm
Mila and Anna

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 4:41 pm
Delete. Shouldnt publicize w.o asking if its ok...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 6:30 pm
Thanks everyone
And lakewood amother- that is very nice and fair!

amother
Hyssop

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 8:52 pm
I know a girl in Long Island who is great her name is Elianna Bassal. You can try her. She has an Instagram account. She primarily works with clients and not really sheitslmachers.

sarah14

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 8:59 pm
Miris

Eselle13

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 8:59 pm
There's someone on the block of landua's shul on Ave L that is really good and very reasonable. I can't remember her name though. If you want it, PM me and I'll ask my mother for her number.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 9:07 pm
Keep in mind, many repair ladies only deal with wholesale accounts and don't see clients privately.
Also, those that do accept retail clients may have 2 different pricelists. They charge less for sheitelmachers, as she's the one being busy with the consultation and client.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics