Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How to stop dieting

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 8:11 pm
I'm not on any particular diet but I do count calories, feel guilty when I go over my 1,200 calories a day, restrict myself, then eat too much on Friday nights, talk about weight loss, tell myself when I lose 10 pounds I'll be happier, I'll be able to wear this or that...

It dawned on me lately that this has been going on for years and I more or less always come back to the same number on the scale and that is probably the weight I'm supposed to be and instead of obsessing about shrinking my body to smaller than it wants to go, I should instead accept my body type.
I'm not that overweight...if you saw me you'd think there goes a regular sized cute enough looking woman in her 40s.

Has anyone managed to stop obsessing about their weight? Can it be done? If so, please tell me how.
I have daughters and I want to stop this madness.

ChutzPAh

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 8:24 pm
Intuitive eating.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 8:41 pm
What chutzpah said and educating yourself about what is healthy and makes you feel good.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 9:18 pm
I would start with the book Woman, Food, and God by Geneen Roth.

If you need more support, hire a health coach trained through Institute of Intagrative Nutrition.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 9:26 pm
Yes. I am maintaining a 90 pound loss but still have at least 90 or a hundred to go, but I’m HAPPY! I feel amazing and I think I look really cute and if I never lose another pound I’ll remain happy. Low carb eating really changed my life because I dont lose control anymore since I don’t ever cheat. No insulin reaction, no craziness. That’s what worked for me. Also, homeostasis is powerful. I’m not a failure because I haven’t lost the rest. I’m not a glutton. I have severe insulin resistance and my body never stops trying to make me get back up to a higher weight. But, I stay true to my course, I also do intermittent fasting which helps with insulin resistance. As my dietician said, I’ve already changed. I’m maintaining ( and she actually didn’t mean weight) my new headspace. These days my goals are around blood sugar and triglycerides and getting them as low as possible. I’m so grateful

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 9:42 pm
I second the intuitive eating approach. It's the only approach that works deeper than just surface level to really accept you body. Where are you located?

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 10:07 am
I’ve been thinking about this post overnight. I just wanted to add that since doing low carb, even when I plateau, my
Body changes. Recently I looked at two photos, one from the end of October 2018 and one from the first week of November 2019. I look so much better despite the minimal weight change.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise