Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Beachfront with private pool
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 6:53 pm
Please do the same Smile)

tichellady

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 6:55 pm
Hawaii? Panama?

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 6:57 pm
Hawaii!!!

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 7:19 pm
Maui for sure Smile)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 7:34 pm
Librarian wrote:
Maui for sure Smile)

Is there such a setup there?

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 7:38 pm
If there is it would be $$$$$$$. But you really don't need a pool - so much to see and do

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 7:42 pm
Librarian wrote:
If there is it would be $$$$$$$. But you really don't need a pool - so much to see and do

It's funny, when I go away, I like to go to a different, new, and beautiful place, but then I don't like to run around seeing and doing things. I like to stay at one place (like a resort) and sit around and lounge at a pool and/or beach.

That is why I am looking for this type of a setup. If not, dh ends up sitting in the hotel room, while sit at the pool or beach.

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 8:51 pm
Then imho save your $$$$ and the loooong flight

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 8:56 pm
Librarian wrote:
Then imho save your $$$$ and the loooong flight

Sounds like good advice!

But in case I do decide to get up and about, where in Maui would ou suggest I stay and go? It is on my wish list, but for a different kind of vacation than I am looking for now.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 8:57 pm
Lol I'm looking at this thread and realizing it sounds like I am a spoiled, indulgent woman. In reality, we hadn't gone on a vacation in years and just started realizing there is a whole world out there.....

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 8:59 pm
The place I stayed closed so I can't give you first hand advice with that. Order from Amazon the book Maui Revealed latest version. Great advice planned my whole trip from that book.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 9:01 pm
Librarian wrote:
The place I stayed closed so I can't give you first hand advice with that. Order from Amazon the book Maui Revealed latest version. Great advice planned my whole trip from that book.

Thanks! Will do iyh when it becomes a serious consideration.

I really appreciate all of your advice!

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 9:03 pm
But for sure you MUST do a snorkeling trip! Maui is famous for the depth of visibility. Even if you have never snorkeled just do it! I went on a half day trip (6am-10am) because had to leave hubby behind (tznius). If you can afford it you can hire a private snorkeling trip just the 2 of you with male crew. For us did not pay cuz my husband is too afraid to go into the ocean anyway Smile

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 9:08 pm
Librarian wrote:
But for sure you MUST do a snorkeling trip! Maui is famous for the depth of visibility. Even if you have never snorkeled just do it! I went on a half day trip (6am-10am) because had to leave hubby behind (tznius). If you can afford it you can hire a private snorkeling trip just the 2 of you with male crew. For us did not pay cuz my husband is too afraid to go into the ocean anyway Smile

Sounds cool!

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 10:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Lol I'm looking at this thread and realizing it sounds like I am a spoiled, indulgent woman. In reality, we hadn't gone on a vacation in years and just started realizing there is a whole world out there.....

I guess then I also sound like a spoiled, indulgent woman. In reality I have and still do work extremely hard. For years I never had a penny to spend on myself. But eventually finances improved and children grew up and now some kind of travel is a priority for me. I am not so very young anymore and I want to enjoy things while I still can. And I am very budget conscious. Our trips are usually Sunday-Thursday even when travelling far like Hawaii. And if we go to a very expensive place like Banyan Tree we stay 2 or 3 nights only. I guess you can say I prefer quantity to quality!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 10:36 pm
Librarian wrote:
I guess then I also sound like a spoiled, indulgent woman. In reality I have and still do work extremely hard. For years I never had a penny to spend on myself. But eventually finances improved and children grew up and now some kind of travel is a priority for me. I am not so very young anymore and I want to enjoy things while I still can. And I am very budget conscious. Our trips are usually Sunday-Thursday even when travelling far like Hawaii. And if we go to a very expensive place like Banyan Tree we stay 2 or 3 nights only. I guess you can say I prefer quantity to quality!

Same here! We used to not have any extra and really struggled at some points. Bh now, we can manage to put away a little towards something extra that we feel is important.

We feel that now is prime time for us to do this and that experiences like this are more important than "things". Plus we both work really hard and feel that it is healthy to give ourselves time to "breathe ".

We also have the same spending habits. Would rather have a shorter stay at a more exotic location.

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 10:44 pm
I read about a study done by either Yale or Harvard on 1000 elderly people. One question that was asked was what do you regret most in life? The vast majority replied that they did not travel more when they were young. I never forgot that. Obviously this is not reflective of a Torah mindset, but HKBH does want us to enjoy His world. And for some of us this is a real NEED, an inner yearning that is in our DNA.

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 10:48 pm
For your travel bucket list please add Amalfi Coast/Capri. So breathtaking I cried from the overwhelming beauty. Maui can't compete.

Librarian

Post Wed, Nov 13 2019, 10:51 pm
And if you want MIND BLOWING man made opulence: Saint Petersburg. The Winter Palace makes the Palace of Versailles look like a trailer park.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 7:58 am
I think it's gonna turn into a loooong list!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics