Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Hey fellow writers!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 11:21 am
hey fellow writers, and wannabe writers!
After months and years of trying to get published I was finally(cheers!) finally accepted for publication somewhere....(all my tears were not in vain....I was elated!)
Now, since this is the first (of hopefully many) time I've been published..I'd love to know the protocol. for example I received an email that my article has been accepted for publication, in the beginning of August, and haven't heard from them since. Should I follow up with an email? or is this the norm,and they might publish my piece in- I don't know- a long time?

another ting, I generally try to submit my articles to all main frum publications (I knows there's more but I send to Mishpacha,Ami ,Binah , and Hamodia) they all try to reply (read:reject) within a matter of weeks,yet there's one publication that sometimes replies, and many times just... don't. should I resend it then? send a follow up email or just assume it's a no...
thanks ladies!

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 11:43 am
Are you on soferet? You should be.
Once it's accepted you can ask them around when do they see it getting put in. You should be paid the month after. You may have to request payment too.

You can always send a follow up e-mail. If that is ignored too I'd assume it's a no.
I try to state follow ups like "If you don't answer by x date I will assume I can retract me offer and I will submit to other publications"

Never submit to multiple publications at a time. They hate it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 11:46 am
thanks
I'll go check out soferet!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 12:29 pm
I'm googling soferet but nothings really coming up..any links?

1ofbillions

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 12:32 pm
To join Soferet, send an email to soferet+subscribe@googlegroups.com

If you have any problems, contact Yocheved Frischman at yocheved.frischman@gmail.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club