Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Family pictures - how to manage them

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 11:53 am
I have always loved the idea of having family pictures hanging on my walls. However, BH we have a growing family and I never know what to do when we have a baby that is not in the family picture!

We just took beautiful pictures before Shavuos and I am finally getting around to printing and hanging them...but we had a baby over succos. So now what? We usually don't do pictures very often, like every other year but I don't want to wait until then...

Any thoughts or suggestions?

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 11:54 am
I would hang it up, the picture was taken before the baby was born. When there's new ones, you either add it or replace it.
Why is this in the tznius forum though?

watergirl

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 11:56 am
Oh my goodness, I was so worried when I clicked on this thread that your question was about if people are now moving their family pictures because its not tznius to have pictures of women hanging in the living room. I am going to move this to a different forum!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 11:56 am
Total mistake about being in the tznius forum lol.

But what do you mean by add the picture of new baby? Take a separate one of him and add to the current collection? Or just add him in next time we do family pix and replace the whole collection?

Is there anyone who leaves old pictures hanging and just keeps adding new ones?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 11:57 am
Thank you watergirl for moving it to a more appropriate forum!

singleagain

Post Thu, Nov 14 2019, 11:59 am
Take a picture of the new baby and put it up next to the main picture, until you do a new family picture

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 29 2020, 11:10 pm
Most people I know keep some old ones up without the new kids- it's like a way to document your family- look how cute we were as a young couple with one kid? Then 2?

But I think often the newer ones with new additions to the family get more prominent wall space and older ones may eventually be put in other rooms- and leas of them up. or some people do a wall with family photos in the order they were taken as a kind of memory wall.

We have some old ones with fewer kids hung in the play room. Some also have grandparents- including my father ah who is no longer alive so I like that it shows the younger us - but I would no longer have it in the living room since wot is now over 15 years old.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics